Engine smoking: Whats causing it

TheStarletGT

Member +
The exhaust ports are saturated with oil. leaking stem seals or guides a great possibility. But what is causing the oil combustive smoke. In the video, is it piston rings related on the oil control side?

If i were to holds revs, it will smoke like a soombich. So it will smoke very easy. Can it be valve stem seals on the intake side aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NkofYBDTfs

I'm open to all comments.

whiteglanzav

Member +
i thought you were some sort of master engine builder who can do anything on a budget - clearly not worked out for the best has it - maybe you should listen next time ey .... !!!

good luck this time though :kiss:

glanzanut

Lifer
i thought you were some sort of master engine builder who can do anything on a budget - clearly not worked out for the best has it - maybe you should listen next time ey .... !!!

good luck this time though :kiss:

my thoughts exacltly!

who would have known an engine built for a budget of $10 using old bean tins for liners and hand crafted lead pistons would give up the ghost.

Rob H

Member +
what planet are you on?? if it was exhaust or inlet valve seals it would burn oil!! both of them are over the top of the piston!! so if it was leaking past any of the valves it would burn oil!! it all goes into the same place.

TheStarletGT

Member +
what planet are you on?? if it was exhaust or inlet valve seals it would burn oil!! both of them are over the top of the piston!! so if it was leaking past any of the valves it would burn oil!! it all goes into the same place.

I just refuse to belive that its stem seals. The cylinder smokes too badly for just stem seals. Looks like its more piston related.

If i held onto revs, it will smoke bigtime. Its just weird that every exhaust port has fresh oil oozing out from them.

TheStarletGT

Member +
The only test i can think of, is remove the rocker cover and get the engine running and pour mega loads of oil near the valve springs.

TurboDave

Member +
The only test i can think of, is remove the rocker cover and get the engine running and pour mega loads of oil near the valve springs.

Your going to get oil all over your face trying to do that and achieve nothing, leaking seals=replace them.

Have you compression tested it?