Engine trouble: Fuel starvation??

Quick Nick

Member +
If anyone could make any suggestions as to the cause of my problem that would be appreciated!

Under heavy load and full boost from 2nd gear upwards when I approach the rev limit the engine stutters, as if it is perhaps mistfiring, or under fuelling. The car has a de-cat and air intake/exhaust, but no FCD or uprated fuelling, though this has not been a problem before.

The problem seems worse in the cold weather, where it stutter 2-3 times and 'pops' slightly, usually between 6-7,000rpm.

I think maybe get an uprated adj fuel pressure regulator?? Let me know!

Nick.

EP824U

Member +
Sounds to me like ur hitting fuel cut mate. have u got a boost gauge? if so what boost r u at when it happens?

EP824U

Member +
Sounds to me like ur hitting fuel cut mate. have u got a boost gauge? if so what boost r u at when it happens?
it will also be worse in the cold weather as the air is more dense i.e more charge is created from the turbo

Quick Nick

Member +
Do you know at what boost pressure level the factory fuel cut is designed to come in at?

Obviously I am running close to standard boost, has anyone else come across the neccesity to fit an FCD after simple mods such as intake/exhaust/de-cat?

If so, let me know and I will go out and get an FCD!

Thanks,

Nick

CMR

Member +
its not a case of just putting the Fuel cut defender on. If you are hitting fuelcut you either need to find a way to reduce it (reduce air in or waste out) or buy a fcd AND a rrfpr and get it set up properly above what its creeping to.