ep82 Bonnet Scoop & Rain!

Keenoep82

Fresh Recruit
Well any sort of water really!

I've got an induction kit mounted behind the front grille meaining the bonnet scoop now has nothing unserneath it.
I want to keep the scoop because I like it (and it helps keeps bay temperatures down) but I'm concious that water is now able to piss all over the engine block and electrics!

So my question is - has anyone come up with a solution (other than a reverse scoop) that prevents water getting into the bay, but keeps the airflow?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I have a front mounted filter and my boonet scoop that has nothing underneath, not even the rubbery plastic bit that attaches on the underside of the bonnet. I drive in all weather and never had problems.

Jay

Admin
The main problem is water getting past the sealing lip on the plugleads and gathering in the sparkplug chambers. This causes poor contact between plug and lead and results in misfiring under load. You can use some petroleum jelly to give the leads a better seal on the rocker cover but other than that water will go where it wants.

In terms of electrical connections treat the plugs and connectors to a dose of WD40 or other water repellant spray.

Jay