Exhaust. Change from TRD?

BlackRocket

Member +
Hi all.

I've got a full TRD system on my V at the mo but I don't think its breathing as well as it could so was thinking on getting another exhaust.

Does anyone know what the flow rates etc are from it or can you recommend another exhaust that ISN'T really loud as i'm not a big fan of the whole

BAAAARRRRRRRRRR

Sound some exhausts give

Rep for help ;)

Steve

Blak_Mamber

Member +
You mean you think its not getting rid of the gasses as well as it used to? What size is the TRD system? 2.5inch?

How much is your budget mate?

BlackRocket

Member +
I just think its restrictive. Other cars with similar mods to mine seem to pull better and as there is nothing wrong with the set up etc I have narrowed it down to the exhaust expelling gasses.
Not all that bothered about budget, i'll find the money lol!

Think the TRD is 2" but not sure - it came on the car!

Steve

Mike_ep91

Member +
I was in the same situation man, exhasut had on my car was way too loud, if your looking for something quiet with a nice rumble id go for blitz nur spec, hks silent hi-power, or if ya can get hold of one an rsr exmag, got one for my car and its really quiet but 2 1/2".

BlackRocket

Member +
I was in the same situation man, exhasut had on my car was way too loud, if your looking for something quiet with a nice rumble id go for blitz nur spec, hks silent hi-power, or if ya can get hold of one an rsr exmag, got one for my car and its really quiet but 2 1/2".

Cheers mate will look for them then

Rep'd

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I just think its restrictive. Other cars with similar mods to mine seem to pull better and as there is nothing wrong with the set up etc I have narrowed it down to the exhaust expelling gasses.
Not all that bothered about budget, i'll find the money lol!

Think the TRD is 2" but not sure - it came on the car!

Steve

I see.......

I would go for the Blitz Nur Spec mate. 2.5inch to the middle then 3inch from the middle to the backbox... not too loud & you can keep the bung in the end if its too loud. When i had the bung in mine, it made it alot quieter, just made a nice sound on boost.

tris_glanza

Member +
i got hks hi power silent one it is quiet untill u hit boost then get a nice little rawr but i had the center section out now and it sounds a beast:)

Mikey4410

Member +
I have the exact same exhaust as tri glanza and done the same to mine.sounds out of this world.such a deep tone /burrbel and you really here that turbo spooling.....

Raffi

Member +
The HKS silent power is not a 2,5", it isn´t even a 2", more like somtheing closer to 1,9".

I have measured it, before I bought mine exhaust.
I have a 5Zigen ProRacer Aspec+, and it´s almost 2,5", and that´s a nice system!

The reason for the different and weird size´s is that japs measure everything in mm.

So I would go for something like the 5Zigen or a Blitz System, but not the HKS.