fail mot on emission 7% :(

iamrab

Member +
my 98 glanza v failed its mot yesterday on the emissions being at 7%

ive used the search button and have came up with a few answers,can anyone advise to which is correct and know or there is any way that you can check to see if its the lambda sensor ?

1)lambda sensor

2) hks fcd and uprated fuel pump

3) no FPR

my car is running standard managment with a blitz boost controller set @ 0.80 bar ,warlbro fuel pump,hks fuel cut defender,fmic,induction kit,down pipe,no cat hks hi power exhaust .

can you help me out ?

cheers
rab

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Having no Cat will bump up emmisions, but shouldn't go as high as yours, if ur lamda is faulty it will cause higher emmissions.

Last edited:

GT_Irl

Member +
my 98 glanza v failed its mot yesterday on the emissions being at 7%

ive used the search button and have came up with a few answers,can anyone advise to which is correct and know or there is any way that you can check to see if its the lambda sensor ?

1)lambda sensor

2) hks fcd and uprated fuel pump

3) no FPR

my car is running standard managment with a blitz boost controller set @ 0.80 bar ,warlbro fuel pump,hks fuel cut defender,fmic,induction kit,down pipe,no cat hks hi power exhaust .

can you help me out ?

cheers
rab

Put the cat back in for the test dude. Or do like what I did and weld in a cat futher back (behind mid section). Means no loss in performance but no fiddling around at nct/mot time!

Ya, im sure there is a way fo testing the lambda...not sure how its done though

iamrab

Member +
see i seen the thing about the fuel pump but i didnt understand because i couldnt see how a fuel pump would increase the emissions ,its upping the fuel pressure to the rail but thats really it ,the ecu controls the amount of fuel the injectors dump so the way i understand it is that it doesnt matter how much pressure you have the injectors can only put in the amount of fuel they are told to.

what does the hks fcd actually do ?

is there no plug in the engine bay you can use a wire and read the engine check light on the glanza's?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
If u up the fuel pressure, your upping the fuel getting into the cylinders.

Say an injector opens for 1 sec with pressure of 1 behind it and another opens for 1 sec with a pressure of 2 behind it, alot more is going to be forced through in the 1 sec on the high pressure injector.

Same as when u up the fuel pressure u are actually increasing the CCs of your injectors.

Crap example but maybe it clears it up.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
How does everyone that's got a CAT pass their emissions test when the MOT comes? I'm not up for putting one back on mine.

Johnny_B

Member +
Giving the car a good blast just before the emissions test helps significantly!

You'll probs still need to replace the CAT though

iamrab

Member +
If u up the fuel pressure, your upping the fuel getting into the cylinders.

Say an injector opens for 1 sec with pressure of 1 behind it and another opens for 1 sec with a pressure of 2 behind it, alot more is going to be forced through in the 1 sec on the high pressure injector.

Same as when u up the fuel pressure u are actually increasing the CCs of your injectors.

Crap example but maybe it clears it up.

spuddy i get you now,i never thought of it like that . good example alright

i didnt get a cat with the car :( thats all it failed on too :( raging lol

spuddy you wouldnt by any chance have a meaaaoooowww laying about for a quick lend of?

Johnny_C

Lifer

spuddy you wouldnt by any chance have a meaaaoooowww laying about for a quick lend of?
theres a few members close to you,im sure 1 of them will pull u out.:)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.

Think I do have a cat actually, I'll see if I can find it for ya. Where do u live?

scot-ish

Member +
Giving the car a good blast just before the emissions test helps significantly!

You'll probs still need to replace the CAT though

giving the car a good blast with a CAT fitted helps, with a decat, it wont make much difference i dont think, the idea of the quick driving is to get heat into the CAT to make it work better