Fault Code 22 EP91

I was wokring on a glanza this evening, problem is there is no spark. There is no spark coming from the coil.

Decided to do a fault code check and code 22 came up which is open or short circuit in coolant temp.

Would this stop the car from starting?
Ive herd that some cars will refuse to start if there is no coolant temp signal?

Not entirly sure what it is so any help would be great!

Thanks Jonny

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Shouldn't stop spark.
Have a look at your distributor cap and rotar arm,leads etc

And the coolant temp switch is under the distributor cap,give the sensor and switch a clean with wd40 and see if it works.

weeJohn

Lifer
That water temp sensor is how the ecu knows how warm the engine is, it helps the ecu control the ammount of fuel it injects on a cold start and warm start before the O2 sensor is warmed up enough to allow closed loop exhaust gas control.

I have never heard of it stopping spark but it can cause starting problems. Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and check the AM1 and AM2 fuses in the engine bay fuse box. It sounds more like a distributor problem as the man above says.

corofin12345

Member +
but he says theres no spark from coil so i would presume its coilpack.. the code 22 could of been in the ecu for ages but as said, clean that 2

Rory

Lifer
have you anything that would need wired into the ignition system, ie AVCR or anythng like that?
If you do check all you connections, sound like the issue i had for a wee while

Pixie96

Member +
I have a thread up at the min the exact same code as i got and my temp sensor is gone... the car trys to start up but it wont fire up! i had to spray bit of brake cleaner in it to fire her up! the ecu must not let it spark for some reason! jonny-gt tunning can you tell me what you did to resolve the problem??