Fault Code 42 *help*

The_Red_Glanza

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a fault code 42 showing up when I do a diagnostic. The Engine Management Light comes on after 70Mph/120kmh.

My speedo is working perfect so i dont know what else it could be?

Regards.

The_Red_Glanza

Fresh Recruit
I dont know because I bought it like this. The seller told me that a speed limit defencer was installed but I cant find it, so is this the reason this could be happening?

Which wire would I need to replace to sort this?

The_Red_Glanza

Fresh Recruit
The wire from your speedo cluster to the ecu is broken/cut.

Ok so this would explain why the speedo is working but the ecu is not receiving a signal from the speedo hence the EML light comes on.

If i take out the instrument panel should i be able to spot the wire it straight away?

Thanks for your help guys. :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
so your sld is just a cut wire, hate liars. at least he hasnt been a pikey and taken the bulb out from the cluster too.

The_Red_Glanza

Fresh Recruit
Yea i hate liars too.. so stupid, why bother lying about that kind of thing.

So best thing to do is check the wire going into the ecu and the wire behind the instrument cluster? This should help me narrow it down.

weeJohn

Lifer
Yea i hate liars too.. so stupid, why bother lying about that kind of thing.

So best thing to do is check the wire going into the ecu and the wire behind the instrument cluster? This should help me narrow it down.

Do a search on here for the Glanza ecu pin out diagram. This will tell you what pin number on the ecu plugs you can find the speed feedback wire.

Look at the colour of the wire then look behind the clocks for a similar coloured one.

Check it for a break/cut with a multi meter or the like.

The_Red_Glanza

Fresh Recruit
Just to let everybody know, i got it sorted. I put in a new raditator and coolant to freshen up the car and the eml light no longer comes on. :)

Thanks to all for the help.