Fitted new gearbox now car wont fire up????? Help PLZ

SR Turbo

Lifer
:confused: Propa Screwing! today me n my m8 fitted a new gearbox to my car. took the piss 2 fit as we dint have any ramp or pit and was doing it on the road! plus every thing seemed 2 be siezed on but anyway.... :flame:

we got the gearbox fitted and the car rebuilt and i can select all gears! but 4 sum strange reason the car turns over but just wont fire up!

we checked 2 c if the plugs were sparking = all good

checked both terminals on battery and tried jump leads = no luck

more petrol = no luck

the engine management light stays on while the car turns over so we think it must be some sort ov electrical wire loose.

by this time is was 2 dark and im going 2 have a better look in the morning.

if any1 has any idea's on what it could be or what 2 check plz give advice cos i really need car up and running 2moro!

thanks alot :)

Last edited:

SR Turbo

Lifer
ohh think i mite no what u mean m8! n think it mite be the problem u no....

ohh if thats it u r a LEGEND! any other idea's if not?

SR Turbo

Lifer
rite ive found the wire ur describing and it isn't connected 2 anything. where abouts on gearbox does it go??

Somhairle

Lifer
do a diagnostic test and check the fault codes....

You didn't kink any fuel lines when you were wrestling the box back in?

SR Turbo

Lifer
nah dnt think so.. n ive asked my mate n he said chek the crank sensor n that looks ok 2! but do u no how many wires are supost 2 be goin in 2 the sensor?

Somhairle

Lifer
yes, as i said....

check for fault codes using the diagnostics port beside the battery. Bridge T1 and Te1.

It will tell you if the ECU is holding any fault codes, which in turn should lead to the problem........

Make sure the auto spark knows what he's doing too.....

SR Turbo

Lifer
turns out my m8 when he took dizzy off he dint align it bak up right has shoved it in n broke abit of the end ov the leading camshaft! :(