Front Mount Intercooler and Mods

C

CTR_Timmy

CAn anyone help? I am after buying a FMIC but i am unsure what else I will need to buy to go with it. Firstly I have been informed that my blitz dv wont fit and i may have to get a smaller air filter. is this true?

sx_turbo

Lifer
CAn anyone help? I am after buying a FMIC but i am unsure what else I will need to buy to go with it. Firstly I have been informed that my blitz dv wont fit and i may have to get a smaller air filter. is this true?

theres a possibility that the blitz dv wont fit, but you should be ok with the air filter.

but you wont know 100% till you fit it

Auto EP82

Lifer
Are morning tim you forgot to mention that you wana relocate the air filter to the front bumper what air filter does everyone recomend please.

C

CTR_Timmy

Are morning tim you forgot to mention that you wana relocate the air filter to the front bumper what air filter does everyone recomend please.

Sorry Mr Peter George! I am busy at work unlike you haha! But you are correct. Pete Can you find out a price mate if you have time for that 90 degree bend ill need for the air filter off that site you recomment plus the radiator hose kit! LEGEND!!!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Haven't done it myself yet but I have a HKS mushroom and that looks like it'll fit a treat. they are fairly flat as filters go so shouldn't take up too much room.

^^what Ricky said! :p

Auto EP82

Lifer
i have a hks on mine but dont most ppl say they are shit would it be better for him to use his existing apexi filter then.

Auto EP82

Lifer
The plan was to get 2 90 degree bends so that the air filter is runnin parallel with the front mount that way we should have more room to play around with.Oh n sx do you no what size hose we need that comes directly off the standard ct9 cheers.

tim yer il try and get prices for hoses.

C

CTR_Timmy

FAO: Auto EP 82.

Pete, If I get all the stuff we need fancy fitting it? I could take few days off work or we could do it over a weekend. I have emailed toby and dave for prices on dv, fmic and air filter so all we need is the hoses?

C

CTR_Timmy

The filter inside need replacing. U can have it for 20quid.

I will let you know (depending on how much all this going to cost me may have to settle for a used air filter but not to worry!)