Fuel pressure

max9650

Member +
Whats yours set at? mine was set at 65psi lol,

turned it down to 45 now - not sure whats ideal?

Mods are decat,exhaust system, Fuel pressure reg,Blitz DV,FMIC, running at 0.8bar

Thanks!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
with your mods i would keep it to where you have set it.

was far too high before. who set it to that originally!?

max9650

Member +
I dont know i assume the person who installled the FPR before i owned the car - it had some problems , loss of power and not wanting to rev over 5k, so i turned down it down to 45 and it seems to hopfully have solved it but it did develop over night so i dont know how its raised to 65psi or if it was always that high

max9650

Member +
to make my post clear again :p it was running fine but then overnight i lost power, checked Fuel pressure and it was 65psi, turned it down and it seems fine, but i dont know if it was always 65psi or it raised somhow

dark_knight

Member +
i'd throw my suspicions on a dodgy FPR, perhaps it has a mind of its own adjusting fuel pressure as it pleases.. :D

max9650

Member +
i'd throw my suspicions on a dodgy FPR, perhaps it has a mind of its own adjusting fuel pressure as it pleases.. :D

im thinking the same mate here is a pic of it,

FPR.jpg

Was prob made at toys r us, im going to get another fuel pressure check done monday see if its adjusted itself again cause i think it may have lol

Jay

Admin
Fuel pressure should be set in conjunction with a wideband reading. I've seen a fair amount of damage done by guessimations.

Get her checked out properly before boosting the life out of her mate.

Jay

dark_knight

Member +
i also noticed it's on the throttle plate side of the manifold and not the ICV side.. interesting..
lol at 'made at toysRus'.. :p

max9650

Member +
Fuel pressure should be set in conjunction with a wideband reading. I've seen a fair amount of damage done by guessimations.

Get her checked out properly before boosting the life out of her mate.

Jay
i dont know what you mean mate wideband reading?

Jay

Admin
By adjusting your fuel pressure you are changing your AFR's. Incorrect AFR's will affect engine performance and reliability. A wideband will measure your AFR's. If you don't know your AFR's you're flying blind.

Best to tune it with a wideband otherwise bad things can happen. Any local rolling road/tuner should be able to help you out bro.

Jay

dark_knight

Member +
narrow- versus wideband

@ max9650: ok then mate. so AFR is theoretically calculated by readings from the exhaust mixture. wideband AFR systems take their readings based on a 0~5v fluctuation while narrowband take theirs from a 0~1v reading. wideband is thus more accurate. you follow so far..?
most if not all OEM applications feed the ECU with narrowband readings for the ECU to calculate fueling based on that..

max9650

Member +
so basically i need to buy a AEM gauge which plugs into the lamba hole, which will tell my my AFR on a guage, is there any other way to find out my AFR?

Texx

Super Moderator
Personally I would fit a stock FPR and throw that Mickey Mouse adjustable crap in the bin. When running 0.8bar or less you don't need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Chances are though, if you've got an adjustable FPR, you'll probably also have a fuel cut defender wired into the ECU somewhere.

Jay

Admin
so basically i need to buy a AEM gauge which plugs into the lamba hole, which will tell my my AFR on a guage, is there any other way to find out my AFR?

Any local tuner will have their own so you'll only need to pay for their time/effort. This can be as little as £20 which is far less expensive than buying a gauge.

max9650

Member +
i dont have a FCD atm no :( although it rarely ever does get fuel cut,

i think this might be my AFR, although somtimes it reads like 0.19 :S so i dont know

AFratio.jpg

and also i have my avcr boost controller on

AVCR.jpg

Jay

Admin
I wouldn't put any faith in the narrowband reading that is on your turbo timer mate. I've seen stereos that have more accurate readings lol. Getting it to a local tuner is your best option if you are looking your fuelling checked.