Gizzmo EBC installation query....

churcherj

Member +
just got through a gizzmo ebc i bought and wanted to know a few things about the installation.

im running an internal wastgegate td04 setup, it says to mount the pressure port to a direct pressure source, to a fuel regulator or inlet manifold, where abouts exactly do i hook this up? could i use the pressure port on the top of the turbo?

and on the solenoid one vacum goes to the actuator, where does the other go? im looking at the gizzmo manual but unsure what piping it refers too, it looks like the intercooler piping!? cant be right!

Last edited:

churcherj

Member +
yer it goes on the turbo pressure pipe mate but make sure they on on the right way round

cheers for that mate, but then off the solenoid one goes to the actuator, the other ones come off the turbo somewhere else, bit confusing to explain can u look on page 14 of this and let me know what they mean?

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/pdf/IBC Instruction Ver1.06.pdf

does it mean i have one vacum coming off the turbo pressure with a t peice, and run one to the pressure port, and one to the solenoid?

rep'd dude

sanchez

Member +
Yeah one goes to the actuator mate and the other goes to some where by the turbo (as seen on page 5) i have a nipple in my intercooler piping just after the turbo

whiteglanzav

Member +
ahh i c wot u mean !!!

ummmm do 2 to the act and 3 to the turbo as for it back to the engine i dont think you need to do that it will work just with 2 lines 1 to the actuater and one to the turbo

then i asume u alredi have a boost gauge from ur inlet so you should be spot on !!

churcherj

Member +
ah right thanks for the info lads :) on the back of the main unit itself it has a pressure source, so is this right in saying i will run one pipe off the pressure port on the turbo with a t peice, then one goes off to port 3 on the solenoid, and the other goes direct to the pressure source on the back of the gizzmo main unit?

whiteglanzav

Member +
thats the 1 mate or if its easier you can t piece where your boost gauge is in the car already and t that to the back of the unit :)

churcherj

Member +
thats the 1 mate or if its easier you can t piece where your boost gauge is in the car already and t that to the back of the unit :)

ah right i get ya mate! thanks for the info, helpful as always! :) just working out how to send the wires through the car into the bay, trying to find where all my other wires go!

churcherj

Member +
if its 2 hoses just connect 1 to the actuator and 1 to the turbo off the solenoid.

yeino that mate, but i also need to wire a pressure source to the back of the main unit, seperate from the solenoid, so im gona run one wire off the turbo, fit a tpeice then run 1 line to the solenoid and 1 to the main unit, shud work i hope

churcherj

Member +
right lads, just got some more vacuum hose and wired this all in, i have followed it exactly how it states in the manual and set my duty/gain settings etc, took it for a spin on (duty 10 and gain 0) to start with, and it read 0.38 bar, i pressume thats just running off the actuator readings on the td04. i then upped the duty to 13, and still wouldnt read past 0.38? the previous owner had a setting of 0.81 bar and that was at duty 10, so i didnt wana upp it anymore! any ideas what i could have done wrong? the solenoid has 3 ports, and u only use 2, but 1 is open, do i need to use the bolt and close this up? it doesnt say too in the manual, but an 8mm bolt is provided with the kit....

Mrsilly

Fresh Recruit
right lads, just got some more vacuum hose and wired this all in, i have followed it exactly how it states in the manual and set my duty/gain settings etc, took it for a spin on (duty 10 and gain 0) to start with, and it read 0.38 bar, i pressume thats just running off the actuator readings on the td04. i then upped the duty to 13, and still wouldnt read past 0.38? the previous owner had a setting of 0.81 bar and that was at duty 10, so i didnt wana upp it anymore! any ideas what i could have done wrong? the solenoid has 3 ports, and u only use 2, but 1 is open, do i need to use the bolt and close this up? it doesnt say too in the manual, but an 8mm bolt is provided with the kit....

The open port needs to be open, it is a bypass. On mine i have gain set around 85 and duty around 70, this gives me 0.7 bar, my actuator is set about the same as yours, I get 0.4 with the default settings on the EBC. I have a CT9. Just up it by 5 at a time and see, eventually the boost will rise, when you get close to where you want to be up it in smaller steps. I did the gain first, be careful not to go too high on the gain as the boost will become irregular.

churcherj

Member +
The open port needs to be open, it is a bypass. On mine i have gain set around 85 and duty around 70, this gives me 0.7 bar, my actuator is set about the same as yours, I get 0.4 with the default settings on the EBC. I have a CT9. Just up it by 5 at a time and see, eventually the boost will rise, when you get close to where you want to be up it in smaller steps. I did the gain first, be careful not to go too high on the gain as the boost will become irregular.

thanks for the reply, so ur running 70 duty and getting only 0.7 bar!? it only goes up to 90 and it can go to 2 bar so something must be wrong there? and also it says in the manual gain should never ever be higher than duty? seems ur gain is stupidly high at 85 bud? i will try it and see what happens, ive left the unused port open, but it wasnt facing down so ive just rotated the solenoid, maybe that will change the boost

EDIT: just played around with it, upped it to 55 duty cycle and its boosting 0.67 which is fine for me, the thing is surely if i wana get this mapped to like 1-1.2 bar the EBC will run out of duty as it only goes up to 90%. 10 is the actuator pressure of 0.38 so its gained me like 0.3 bar by upping it 45% on the ebc....can any1 tell me if this is right?

Last edited:

Mrsilly

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reply, so ur running 70 duty and getting only 0.7 bar!? it only goes up to 90 and it can go to 2 bar so something must be wrong there? and also it says in the manual gain should never ever be higher than duty? seems ur gain is stupidly high at 85 bud? i will try it and see what happens, ive left the unused port open, but it wasnt facing down so ive just rotated the solenoid, maybe that will change the boost

In my manual (I have an MS-2 not an IBC) it says gain should be set as high as possible.

Edit: Just read the IBC manual and it says the same thing, check the glossary at the end.

ktl

Member +
Gain should not be higher then the duty.

You need to use port 3 and 1 i think for internal wastegate ? as im using 2 and 1 for external.

Switch the hoses round. So pipe going to the turbo make it to the actuator visa versa.

My duty is 57 and boost at 1.4bar duty of 3.

churcherj

Member +
Gain should not be higher then the duty.

You need to use port 3 and 1 i think for internal wastegate ? as im using 2 and 1 for external.

Switch the hoses round. So pipe going to the turbo make it to the actuator visa versa.

My duty is 57 and boost at 1.4bar duty of 3.

it says to use port 2 and 3 for internal wastegate which i have done, it is working, its just my duty is at 55 and is only making 0.67 bar? seems quite a high duty cycle and relatively low boost