Glanza Weight After Stripping

Gee

Member +
Well guys.

I believe a Glanza weighs in at 920kg full fat?

What do you think a Glanza would weight with the below removed? Just an estimate really. I never got to weigh everything.

Removed

Aircon
Stereo
Speakers
Front carpert
Rear carpet
Rear seats
Jack
Spare tyre
All rear trimming

Might be more, but can't think.

If the car weight in at 900kg, plus my power of 265hp, that would give me:

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 299.17

But it must weigh less that 900kg if they weighed in orginally at 920kg, so I should be over 300hp per ton?

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 265
Weight without Driver (KG) : 900
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 299.17
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.54
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.63
60 - 100 (Secs) : 6.09
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.88
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 110.07
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.68
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 112.12

C

CaL

gee the compressor and all that shit etc would be 20kgs itself man....plus your trim and rear wheel must be 10.....you must be like 870-880 now mate

Gee

Member +
Yeah, the aircon was pretty heavy.

So was the spare wheel :D

Just need an estimate, as I'm sure some people happened to weight the carpets, trim etc?

white-ep82

Member +
they will weigh your car at some scrapyards i believe mate. I should think you will weigh around 890 after the added weight of the td04 setop and suspension. Aswell as brake upgrades etc

GTti

Member +
Coilovers don't weigh anymore than stock suspension.

Gee why are you after weight savings anyway?

C

CaL

i recon my car weighs a true 860kg as i dont have anything to add weight,only things i have are fmic-exhaust and errr.....tool box in boot haha....my wheels are mega lightweight tho so they help

GTti

Member +
Get a heatgun to the sound deadening on the floorplan, that is about 5KG's worth.

Sound deadening
Disc guards
Racing battery (10-15kg saving)
Single seat
Heater matrix (Haven't removed mine, not only a pig job but saftey measure (Extra radiator ;))
Electric mirrors for non electric
Wheel nuts

A CDS2 roll cage weighs about 20KGs made to FIA regulations, thats less than the extra components that form my sunroof.

goldenvtr

Member +
ill get mine wieght this weekend, it has nothing on it no pas, electric windows ect, then you might be able to see how low you can get them without the extras.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I reckon it should deffinently be more than 20kg's worth of weight you have removed, i removed:

Aircon
Rear carpet
Rear seats
Jack
Spare tyre
All rear trimming
Rear seat belts
Exchanged from seat belts for harnesses,

so pretty similar and i reckoned mine would have lost more than 20kg of weight, so yes you should be over 300bhp per tonne.

Glanza_MK

Member +
Mine weighs 880 with half a tank of petrol and thats with rear seats (and belts), spare wheel and a couple of other bits gone so you will definetely be less than that with aircon etc gone aswell! I reckon you would get quite a big saving switching to manual windows as mentioned above and also swapping out the folding mirrors. Not to mention youll probably get a bit of extra beer money for them!

Kelly

Member +
yeh those internet estimates are all good but according to that the k24 should have done a 12.9! but its actually do it for real thats hard! lol

ben's is all stripped out but then for track the roll cage is quite heavy ! he's having his recaro lgihtweight seat re trimmed to stick back in there instead of the drivers seat at mo which is quite heavy.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah you got to remember that the estimates the site does are "ideal conditions"

and dont take into count wind resistance track temperature etc etc

but no doubt itll be quick mate

Gee

Member +
Gee why are you after weight savings anyway?

Hi mate.

I'm not after any weight saving as such at the moment. This was all done close to 2 years ago when I was on standard CT9. Obviously you know, less weight=more speed, so was like a free BHP for me at the time :D

I was just wondering what BHP/ton I had thats all.

I will actually be putting the carpet etc back in I reckon soon.

Yeah, I am not taking any notice of the QTR mile time estimates, I just copied and pasted the whole calculations across. I'm sure it could be done, but money would need to be spent on the setup and loads of practive would be needed! Only been on 1 QTR mile day.

Think I am going York in March thou. Was not impressed with their strip, but just going for practice and a bit of fun thou really.

Gord R

Member +
Interesting topic.

Off to get mine weighed tommorow. Will be interesting to see what mine now weighs in at.