Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Damage

Member +
Mine just arrived today and I'm really impressed with the graphics. They are just out of this world. I think graphics are even better than Forza Motorsport 2. The handling is better than on GT4 but simulation wise I have to go for Forza. Anyone got this yet ? Well worth it guys !!!

riko666

Member +
I'm not bothering with the prologue and instead waiting for the Full Version...I just hate that so many of the cars will have to be purchased...with real money

goldenvtr

Member +
I'm not bothering with the prologue and instead waiting for the Full Version...I just hate that so many of the cars will have to be purchased...with real money

yea its damn annoying you have to buy the cars :( andone know if i has EP on there yet?

riko666

Member +
apparently they have the Quadlight Starlet GT on there but no Glanza? I'll have a look for the car list...it's about 10,000 cars long...

riko666

Member +
yup - but such is the way of modern consoles now, upgrades are typically bought online now. One upgrade for GT5 is reputed to be "Realistic" Crash Physics...but Yamauchi is delaying it as he wants it perfect, and some manufacturers don't want their cars to get damaged...

sx_turbo

Lifer
so are they not doing a full version of GT 5, i'm not being funny but i personally think online gaming is a good thing, but what i dont agree with is having to buy things over it with cash.

i mean computers are mainly for kids, how the hell are they gonna get the cars on gt 5??????

f**king theiving scumbags

riko666

Member +
GT5 always appealed to adults though - its a more serious game than your typical arcady Driving games. I hate the buying issue though. And online gaming is a waste - just helps people blow their ego up on a multi-national level

EP82

Member +
I know what you mean, I paid £40 for COD4 and now for new maps you have to pay even more!

Gee

Member +
I'm waiting for the English version Prologue and also going for the new Logitech steering wheel with clutch and H pattern box, plus www.gameracer.co.uk seat like I did for GT4. Its online too Damage, tried it yet?

And by the way, if you look in to the target market for PS3, you'll find it is not aimed at kids at all ;)

The full version of GT5 will becoming out, this is just a taster of things to come...and grabs them a bit of dosh too.

Monkfish

Member +
Downloadable content is nothing new, Microsoft have been doing it for years with XBOX Live, which was the first console to actually get consoles online properly. Sony tried it with the PS2 and failed, monumentally. I don't mind paying for extra content that has been released after a game, especially if it's one I enjoy, but charging extra money for something that could be packaged with it is taking the piss a bit.

It'll be OK of Sony package the game with several hundred cars already (As with previous versions of GT). I'd hapily pay for a car "Package" containing cars I'd want. Packages such as "All Toyota cars" could be done. I wouldn't want to pay for an individual car, unless it was mere pence for one, which is unlikely.

Anyway, I shan't be getting a PS3 for a while. Certainly not until the prices come down a bit and there are more games available.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Anyway, I shan't be getting a PS3 for a while. Certainly not until the prices come down a bit and there are more games available.

That's what I thought, until I bought a 1080HD 40" Sony telly for Christmas... Funnily enough, a PS3 appeared within a couple of days!

I want the full version of GT5, not the prologue. :(