Gran Turismo 6

EP91_Chris

Member +
Who's going to get it? I plan on getting the anniversary edition.

It out on the 6th December. That's twice I've organised a meet on the weekend of a big game launch.

EP91_Chris

Member +
I had GT2 on the other day and scored much more 'JDM points', the tuning mode was set out alot better too.

Hopefully it goes into detail like forza did.

EP91_Chris

Member +
I pre ordered the 15th anniversary edition with Amazon, so hopefully it's here on Thursday. Going to wait until February time for the PS4 hopefully the price will have dropped slightly.

EP91_Chris

Member +
110% Better graphics, better cars, completely new physics.

Definitely worth it. I'll bring it down tomorrow if you want to borrow it for a few days?

Jay

Admin
Is okay, I'll maybe treat myself for Xmas lol.

Still enjoying the GTA online experience too much to play anything else at the minute!

EP91_Chris

Member +
Really getting stuck into now. Brilliant, GT6 is what is GT5 should have been.

The cars are alot more controllable, haven't used TC once.

TOM'S Chaser is amazing, can hang the rear end out really easily.

Phil

Super Moderator
It would seem i gave my PS3 away at the wrong time.

And Moffet just sent me pictures of his gaming station which hasnt made me feel any better about missing out.

Phil

rb69

Member +
I have to agree. Cracking game and considering its last gen technology now, the graphics are superb. Only just unlocked online play so not very far into the game myself. Bought a Glanza as my second car, I like the little review of it on the car info page.

EP91_Chris

Member +
It would seem i gave my PS3 away at the wrong time.

And Moffet just sent me pictures of his gaming station which hasnt made me feel any better about missing out.

Phil

Go get another one lol - can pick up the new slimline jobbies cheap enough now or get the GT6 Aryton Senna Special edition.

I'll upload of photo of mine. I've got an old Starlet seat as a chair :rockon:

I have to agree. Cracking game and considering its last gen technology now, the graphics are superb. Only just unlocked online play so not very far into the game myself. Bought a Glanza as my second car, I like the little review of it on the car info page.

Yeah, got the Glanza as me second one too. Useless in 1st & 2nd, too much wheelspin. plus they have it in my paint code (await comment from Phil).

What do you think of the overall physics to it?

rb69

Member +
I like it. I've noticed the non race cars dip a lot under heavy breaking. Seems a lot more realistic than previous games.

John 08

Member +
Just played GT 5 there again after getting the controller sorted, hopefully the drifting is better thats what had me hooked on forza.. oh and the engine sounds :)

WallaceGlanza

Member +
It is good but it frustrates me too. They seem to give with one hand and take away with another.

The graphics are very good, the game looks great from the in car view and the handling is brilliant - it just feels right, I would say the AI is a bit better too, I've actually had some close races with the AI fighting back and not just disappearing as soon as you pass them. The new tracks are also very good, bathurst is good fun and the matterhorn tracks are great.

However the overall feel is more of a GT 5.1 rather than full new game imo, it's just too similar and as mentioned they seem to have gone backwards in some respects and some things that really need updated still haven't been.

I don't like the new layout, especially the dealership, they should've kept the standard models (cars which don't have the same graphical details ie no interior) separate from the premium ones and the "cards" all laid out looks rubbish rather than getting to cycle through all the models in individual dealerships, especially when it's pages of the same car with umpteen variants laid out in front of you.

The tuning is crap, it's not changed at all since GT1 really except that finally changing the exhaust makes it sound different (that happened in GT5 though) and some bodykits for random cars ie more options for a lamborghini than an RX7?!. For instance the weight reduction - why when done is the full interior still in the car? Why in a real driving simulator is there not more options for the likes of the brakes - different compounds with pros and cons, also in GT2 I think it was the tyres required warming up and kept at optimum temperature - why is that not present anymore, the modeling is good when you overheat them but getting them upto temperature is important too. When forza has engine/drivetrain swaps surely it's time for GT to improve the whole tuning section - you don't even get race mods in this one!

There also seems to be less content (races) and hence reasons to use multiple cars, why is there no manufacturer specific races like their used to be in each dealership for specific models, again having the seperate dealerships before - with their own tuning branches was more interesting.

Finally it's too easy to get straight into a quick car - I used to enjoy the slog of tuning up your mazda demio and after each race just being able to afford a sports exhaust or filter to help you just beat the higher class of cars, after about 30mins on GT6 you have multiple cars and thousands of credits - I think I've only bought 4 cars (one an aventador at 400k) yet I'm 40% complete too! The licenses too are an absolute piece of piss now - to gold them in the originals took hours and whole lot of profanities!

Gah! I've always loved the GT series right from the start but they need to really pull out the stops for GT7 instead of the one step forward two steps back crap. Rant over!