Had A Bad Day Today

Deano

Banned
Today I have have a pretty shit day was driving off to a starlet meet along the motor way and there was a big traffic jam I had my mate Jesse with meI slowed right down and some idiot in a non turbo silvia s14 was going too fast and slammed into the back of my car.

I hopped out thinking my car is written off but it looked all good looked like just some paint of his had gone on my bumper I was so thankful my car was ok he hit it pretty hard It didn't look like it was damaged at all so I drove off after quickly checking it out as I was holding up cars behind and I didn't want to cause a pile up.

I got to the meet and had a closer look and the bloody paint has cracked on the top of the bumper and now I will either need to get it resprayed or get a new silver bumper :mad:

And before the car was idling when I got home and some white smoke was coming out of the exhaust and it's only done 80,000 km's it was only doing it sometimes took off the i/c piping no oil in the pipes that I could see I put the i/c back on went for a boost and one of the bloody pipes blew off and I had no boost now I gotta change the pcv valve/or the turbo and replace/respray the bumper what a shit day :(

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you should of atleast got his name / adress or a numberplate mate! shouldnt of let him just drive off.

unlucky tho mate it happens to us all, could of been alot lot worse!

Deano

Banned
the guys from starlet central forum took a good look at the bumper and they say it looks ok just unlucky I guess I was in a hurry to get to the meet and I don't really want to go through insurance least the bumper did it's job I hope my turbo ain't f**ked either :(

weeJohn

Lifer
Lads no matter how little damage you think is done, it only takes 2 mins to swap details, ie names, addresses and reg numbers.

And fuck anyone else getting held up, they are not going to be out of pocket because you have moved your motor and then you cant prove who was at fault.

There is no harm in getting a load of photos on your phone of the cars after the accident, it shows so many things, and try to get a snap of the other driver as well, you never know, and you can offer to send them to the other driver via his phone so he has the same photos.

Trust no fucker out there! When we were about 16 we were loitering with intent around our local shops, as usual. We seen a lady, who was 70 if she was a day, get in her car and reverse into another car on the door and the wing. She got out and looked at the car, seen we had seen her do it, got back in her car, get a piece of paper and write on it, then tuck it under the wiper and shouted to us to tell the owner to read it, then drove off.

After 10 minutes we looked at the note it said "sorry about that, I didnt see you"!!!!!!!

dantheman

Member +
Lads no matter how little damage you think is done, it only takes 2 mins to swap details, ie names, addresses and reg numbers.

And fuck anyone else getting held up, they are not going to be out of pocket because you have moved your motor and then you cant prove who was at fault.

exactly :teach:

Dave.

Member +
Any kind of damage could be hiding underneath that bumper mate...

For your sake I hoep its ok, fingers crossed.

Big_Daddy

Member +
We seen a lady, who was 70 if she was a day, get in her car and reverse into another car on the door and the wing. She got out and looked at the car, seen we had seen her do it, got back in her car, get a piece of paper and write on it, then tuck it under the wiper and shouted to us to tell the owner to read it, then drove off.

After 10 minutes we looked at the note it said "sorry about that, I didnt see you"!!!!!!!

lol:haha:

Big_Daddy

Member +
Any kind of damage could be hiding underneath that bumper mate...

For your sake I hoep its ok, fingers crossed.

My mate had a similer problem, some rear ended him at just under 30mph, the bumper was scruff and the numbe rplate was bent,
After investigation, the boot was a tad out line, the metal plate behind the bump where the number plate screw on to, was bent. plus the exhaust was giving out a smell as well.