have I fitted this dump valve right?

coilerr88

Fresh Recruit
As per the title. I put a bung where the old one was bolted on and am I right in doing this as the fitting kit didnt come with one.also I have noticed bit of oil coming out the pump valve is this normal. Any help would be great as im new to the forum and the car.also how do u post pictures

coilerr88

Fresh Recruit
Has anyone taken a look at my picture? Just want to make sure its all right and the hole I put a pung in is spose to be filled

russyb

Member +
baileys dv26 dump valves are not that great for starlets tbh
mine used to blow oil as well, not a lot but a little is normal mate
from the pic its plumbed in correctly

mudi

Member +
yee it is fitted right just block the pipe with something..... so you dont get oil dripping and dirt getting into it.

yee it is fitted right just block the pipe with something..... so you dont get oil dripping and dirt getting into it.

Block what pipe ? U can't block off the engine breather pipe then it will pressurise ur sump and block etc That pipe needs to breath

mudi

Member +
ohh ok..... my bad........ but i saw some evos block that brether pipe...... and when i had my BOV he also told me to block it....but i didnt....

But i had a boost leak on my BOV pipes so i returned the stock one

Na when u fit a Bov to an Evo it dont interfere with the breather pipes cause its a different design u just block the open hole on the air filter pipe like u do with a starlet
Just like coilerr has

Last edited:

mork

Member +
Might be a dumb question, but can the breather pipe from the cam cover be connected back into the EFi pipe? Afterall, it goes there anyway via the original BOV, doesn't it?