Help Needed Urgently

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Hey all,

Just went out for a bit in my car driving normally sensibly ect. I pull over to speak to a mate for about 10 min get back into my car and pull away giving it a hard foot it made a huge BANG out the exhaust then my Wideband shows that it is running LEAN now. Before this bang it used to run rich and the wideband would show green when on boost.

Now i cant even put my foot down as its on lean and stays around 16-17 RED. Can anyone help me i cant use the turbo as the car just wont pull up through the revs evenly huge hesitation.

I have no idea what i have done Spark plugs ? I have no idea they are brand new Irradiams to ? I dont even know if that would contribute to it going Lean ect ?

HELP :(

Dane

Dane_Bristol

Member +
No nothing untoward, idles fine no lumpyness whatsoever. Fuel pump was making wiered noises but cant be certain that is the problem though ?

Dane_Bristol

Member +
hmmm, i have no idea really i have work tomorrow i cant risk driving the car in this state ? Its so SH** as i have no clue and all Vaccume hoses look ok boost pipes are ok too. I dont know what else cant be the fuel pump can it ? Saying that when i rev the engine the pressure raises on the FPR so surely it cant be the Fuel Pump (Its a Denso Uprated one)

Nwimie

Member +
doesnt sound good mate!

have you checked all plugs ?
your oil pressure ok?

i dont know what to suggest!

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Problem has been solved it was the fuel pump new pump on its way courtesy of Mr Burwash. Yeah took the pump out and had a look put it back in and started the car ildles fine then suddenly labouring to keep the revs up fuel pressue goes down to 1 bar and simply couldnt hold the pressure. New pump on its way then il be sorted.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Problem has been solved it was the fuel pump new pump on its way courtesy of Mr Burwash. Yeah took the pump out and had a look put it back in and started the car ildles fine then suddenly labouring to keep the revs up fuel pressue goes down to 1 bar and simply couldnt hold the pressure. New pump on its way then il be sorted.

thank fuck for that eh mate, bet your well happy its that and nothing majour.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Yeah thank God lol, Well the pump was only 1 year old really but these things are very difficult to put a period of time to which they will work to. However i agree it should not have gone this soon but o well i ill be going Welbro this time not denso so it should last longer i hope. The main thing is the Wideband helped me BIG time as i could see when i was going lean so could stop the engine from getting damaged. Widebands are highly recommended !!.