Help.New Glanza owner.Suspension and Dumpvalve

shanomac2010

Fresh Recruit
home.php
Well lads I bought a 96 glanza turbo bout a month ago. Black with silver fleck, 83,000 miles, HKS backbox, GReddy turbo timer, McNamara replica dumpvalve,8000k Philips HID's. I got new 15" rota grids (gun metal with polished lip) for her and got the scratches removed and a full service.

My problems:

1.) When 2 of the lads are in the back the arse of the car sinks to the ground so i only let one in the back. If i go over a bump or hole the back scrapes the arches. I think the car is on 40mm lowering springs. Is the problem normal or are the springs nackered. I put 2 new shocks in and still same.

2.) The dumpvalve lets off a hissing sound when i change gear rather than the normal loud wooshh. When the temp gauge is at half way it sometimes comes back working to the normal loud woosh sound and not the hissing sound. Whats wrong? a shit dumvalve, a broken dumpvalve or is this normal?

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
its normal for the springs mate.. 40mm lowering springs will do that. im in the same boat as ya... if ya have the money 2 splash out get yourself a good set of coilovers... as for the dumvalve...it could well be fucked... have you got a boost gauge and if so what is it boosting at???

Tanz

Lifer
its normal for the springs mate.. 40mm lowering springs will do that. im in the same boat as ya... if ya have the money 2 splash out get yourself a good set of coilovers... as for the dumvalve...it could well be fucked... have you got a boost gauge and if so what is it boosting at???

id nearly have to disagree with you there john franks car is dropped about 45mm on lowering springs and shocks with 16in wheels and we car carry people in the back and his barely scraps the arches....

I would say if the springs look ok then they probably are....it could be that the wheels are the wrong offset....

jonny-boi32

Member +
id nearly have to disagree with you there john franks car is dropped about 45mm on lowering springs and shocks with 16in wheels and we car carry people in the back and his barely scraps the arches....

I would say if the springs look ok then they probably are....it could be that the wheels are the wrong offset....

as the cheif says... springs or wheel offset, anymore than +38 could be the problem.

corofin12345

Member +

could well be.. id awfull trouble gettin the stance right.. numerous shocks but finally got there.. just kept on rubbing on the drivers side no mater what i tried.. ill pm you the details cause it one weird setup i have..:p

Tanz

Lifer
could well be.. id awfull trouble gettin the stance right.. numerous shocks but finally got there.. just kept on rubbing on the drivers side no mater what i tried.. ill pm you the details cause it one weird setup i have..:p

haha ahh like yourself so and as kieran said there do you have an adjustable panhard rod cause if you just have the standard still in when you dropped her it would of pushed the rear axle over towards the driverside therefore making it rub...that and the wrong offset wheels would cause awful scraping....

corofin12345

Member +
haha ahh like yourself so and as kieran said there do you have an adjustable panhard rod cause if you just have the standard still in when you dropped her it would of pushed the rear axle over towards the driverside therefore making it rub...that and the wrong offset wheels would cause awful scraping....

ya was the same on my old cars 2... its standard ya.. got there in the end tho... ;)

shanomac2010

Fresh Recruit
It was lowered when i bought it..dunno what a pan hard rod is...the thing with coilovers is telling insurance company..i want to be properly insured yano..prob get a secong hand ssqv dump valve..its set up so that its boosting in high all the time.no option of low boost.i dont have a boost gauge either so.as for the off set, i asked to make sure they would fit a glanza and all so it may not be that.suerly when two people get in the back it shouldnt go so low that the arches are completely over the tyres

corofin12345

Member +
first things first man.. buy and fit a boost gauge.. they are essential with these cars.. as for springs.. id come back to 30mm lowering spings.. it may solve that problem.. any pics of your car and engine bay???