HELP!! No low down boost!!!

jodielocks

Member +
ill try and describe this the best i can.

my car seems to be struggling for boost untill you really give it the beans about 4500rpm it started about 2 weeks ago when it felt like it was running N/A ive been told various things like the actuator could be knackerd the cat might be blocked and to get a vacumn test only 2 boost lights light up and it still reaches 0.6 bar of boost but only if you really gun it! theres no smoke no leaks no knocks or bangs its running fine apart from the boost not picking up what do you recon i should do guys cos im clutching at strwas atm HHHEEELLLPPP!!!! thanks jodie x

Scooby

Member +
I had the same problem last week after fitting my new HKS actuator, plus I had a vacumn leak going to my boost guage. Fixed the leak and gave the actuator a tweak and it was sorted. If youve the standard actuator, id defintly change it to see if it sorts the problem

Sounds like the wastegate is constantly open, im sure some of the other fellas will correct me if im worng but sounds like actuator

jodielocks

Member +
yeah theres a crack on the 3rd port its bin like it for a while its a hair line crack it would'nt leak enough to affect the boost it will be getting replaced soon tho! as for the boost under 4500 it rarely makes anything over positive boost it runs fine tho thats whats frustrating what about the cat ive been told it could be blocked and the exhaust gases arent getting out! the actuator is a HKS one its reasonably new so i couldnt see that being a problem

yeah theres a crack on the 3rd port its bin like it for a while its a hair line crack it would'nt leak enough to affect the boost it will be getting replaced soon tho! as for the boost under 4500 it rarely makes anything over positive boost it runs fine tho thats whats frustrating what about the cat ive been told it could be blocked and the exhaust gases arent getting out! the actuator is a HKS one its reasonably new so i couldnt see that being a problem

what did u set the actuator at ? i.e how much did u adjust it ?

jodielocks

Member +
i havent touched it it was on it when i bought the car and the chap who i bought it off had only just put it on himself how would i go about adjusting it?

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
The longer the rod=less boost ... the shoter the rod =more boost
do one Turn then do a test run then check what boost your running be carefull its very very hot..

The rod just spins around

Somethink i have to do on my car tomoro

If its the HKS actuator that was on the car is over a year old i bought new by myself, cant see it beenin a problem

Last edited: