rob.94.gt

Member +
how long would it take to fit a turbo on a gt

just rang a mechanic and he said he would need id for a day

and how much would it cost. he said around he would want 250 for it

is that right or is he robbing me

stedee

Member +
if you know the car and which bits to take off to make the job easier probably 2- 3 hours, i`m sure some on here could do it alot quicker

chimp

Member +
When I got my turbo changed it only took about 2 - 2.5 hours and that included re-filling the radiator etc

GTdan

In The Closet
there is a guide in the tutorial section on how to do it..ill post a link in a 2nd.

im not mechanically minded and just know the basics and with the tutorial was able to change it and fit a new one in just under7 hours - however 3 hours was pissing about with new piping and actuator bracket and manifold(custom set up), so for the turbo - 3-4hours with brew breaks!!

Jay

Admin
As per my post on DTD mate, I did one on Saturday there and it didn't take too long. I usually allow a day for problems like siezed bolts or other issues but 4-ish hours should see it done.

250 is a little steep going on my own rate but I don't know the score in your area so it could be the norm.

Jay

Mike_ep91

Member +
there is know way in hell i would give someone 250 quid to fit a turbo especially a ct9.Study the tutorial and do it yourself its not that hard.Ive done work on my car and one of my mates in the last 6 months that i never thought i would of done before, which included changing 2 manifolds, 2 decats and fitting a full exhaust system.So id say give it a go yourself and keep the money for some other bits for the car.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
there is know way in hell i would give someone 250 quid to fit a turbo especially a ct9.Study the tutorial and do it yourself its not that hard.Ive done work on my car and one of my mates in the last 6 months that i never thought i would of done before, which included changing 2 manifolds, 2 decats and fitting a full exhaust system.So id say give it a go yourself and keep the money for some other bits for the car.

same as, fitted the td04 set up with a help from gary but fitted coilovers,fmic,manifolds,decats,removed air con,removed turbo's and im changing the clutch atm for the 3rd time (2different cars) and its all just nuts and jubilee clips!!

You have pm rob!!

Big_Daddy

Member +
Did one, 3ppl and took 6 hours. lol, alot of fanny and shuvving around.
A garage should charge no more 100 quid to do it.
Dont 4get to change the gaskets.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Did one, 3ppl and took 6 hours. lol, alot of fanny and shuvving around.
A garage should charge no more 100 quid to do it.
Dont 4get to change the gaskets.

6hrs?!! lol,thats why some jobs are a 1person job lol

He got it done for a good price anyway and its boosting grand im glad to hear,at least i'll know how my old turbo will perform if i dyno'd it because he's getting it done again soon.

At least its back to what a gt should boost like,nice looking car aswell

Best of luck with it
Dan

cole

Member +
if you dont have the correct tool prepare to shout and swear at it for hours on end lol

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Had to go running to halfrauds, needed sivel racthet for those odd places. After the job was done, when back got full refund :p

Haha lol, i just created some new shape spanners with the back of a vice and a lump hammer:haha::haha: