Help..Steering Wheel turn bit by bit..

Amd1691

Member +
Had a recent incident where I bust the wishbone, well nothing major, just little bit bent but enough to make the car undrivable..
Now replaced the wishbone, ARB & droplink and ball joint.
But since I started to feel that the steering wheel does not spin smoothly as before, its like it is without lube and gets sticky on its way.. and as well I can feel the surface of the road in the steering wheel, even with 170 tyres..
Have you guys got any idea what might not be right??
Im thinking that it might be the track rods ends.. Any other suggestions?:confused:

dac69er

Super Moderator
could be the trackrod end, could be the track rod itself. could also be the steering rack if your unlucky. would also check your suspension isnt bent at all.

Sigma

Member +
Check the true of everything.

You had the car aligned after wards?

This impact could've damaged the strut, drop links, arb.

If the impact was quite a large one, but the wishbone has only bent slightly, then the chassis may have taken a proportion of the energy.

My line of elimination would be to have the car fully inspected by an acredited industry engineer, then have the vehicle fully laser aligned.

If the engineer doesn't find issue, and the vehicle can be aligned sucessfully, then I would draw a line and say it's okay.

One way to see, is that if the people have to overly adjust the tracking to get it true when it's being aligned.

If you need anymore advise, just ask and I'll elaborate ;)

Amd1691

Member +
Tyres all gud, loads of thread left.. Checked pressure as well, coz I had to put the steel wheels to get the tracking done..
And I have already got new drop links..

Regarding the impact, was drivin mayB 15kmph to 20 max, but the car was quite heavy as there were 5 people in the car, inc me.
Im gona chek the track rod ends to see if there can be even a minor damage to it, but im prety sure that nothin was damage exept the wishbone and minor bent in the ARB.
Ill get it tracked this week and then see wot happens.
Rep+

Tyres all gud, loads of thread left.. Checked pressure as well, coz I had to put the steel wheels to get the tracking done..
And I have already got new drop links..

Regarding the impact, was drivin mayB 15kmph to 20 max, but the car was quite heavy as there were 5 people in the car, inc me.
Im gona chek the track rod ends to see if there can be even a minor damage to it, but im prety sure that nothin was damage exept the wishbone and minor bent in the ARB.
Ill get it tracked this week and then see wot happens.
Rep+

If the track rod ends or even the steering arms are damaged in anyway, as soon as its aligned when coming of the ramp it will be straight out.

Easiest way to check track rods is play on the wheel.. Get it jacked up and take it from there.

Amd1691

Member +
All parts were fine.
was just the replacement tires that were crap. They were quite new but guess they are inferior ones. Had my alloys on after I got replacement, prob solved..
Rep+