Hi to Everyone

reneee

Fresh Recruit
I am a Toyota starlet GT Turbo Fan, i just want to buy one, i heard very much about this car, and i realized that its the perfect car for me. Now im looking for some help, after buying the car i will still have about 1000$. where can i start tuning the car??¿? :quadgt:

Aga

Member +
hiiiii reneeeee. well , good money spent would be basic maintenance of the car. get it a new timing belt, spark plugs, spark wires, oil and filter, gearbox oil, and i would change a water pump as well, and coolant. brake fluid and front and rear brake pads too. other than that, first mods i would say a new suspension, or if it has one, then exhaust will give you some power.

Nwimie

Member +
really depends on whats already done to it but i would make sure you look for a good example and spend a bit servicing it :] welcome to the site.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Good link Ricky, also Alex is spot on really make the most out of what you have got, ensure sound maintenance and reliability then let the modding begin!

We have a huge selection of items check out the site www.toytuning.com, should be Starlet heaven! :rockon: We also have a list of items you can consider for a basic 200hp build, not with manufactures just physical parts making it as unbiased as possible send us a mail and I'll forward it across.

And welcome... :)

T

xxjack189

Member +
Good link Ricky, also Alex is spot on really make the most out of what you have got, ensure sound maintenance and reliability then let the modding begin!

We have a huge selection of items check out the site www.toytuning.com, should be Starlet heaven! :rockon: We also have a list of items you can consider for a basic 200hp build, not with manufactures just physical parts making it as unbiased as possible send us a mail and I'll forward it across.

And welcome... :)

T
id like to get a hold of that list if possible.
Thanks

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Here we go:

This is what we recommend for a good 200hp setup:

• Hybrid CT9

• Free Flow Mild Steel Manifold

• Decat

• Cat Back system 2.5inch

The car is now expelling gases more efficiently.

• Relocated Air Filter to front bumper

• Heat Reflective tape for Inlet Track

Car is now breathing more efficiently

• Raise the Rear of the Bonnet with washers

• Front Mounted Intercooler (wrap throttle body side pipes with heat reflective material)

• Uprated Thermostat

• Rad Cap

• Consider better radiator and breather/header tank if planning on track days

Car is now cooling more efficiently

• New Spark Plugs (consider colder grades)

• New HT leads

• Inspect Dizzy/Rotor

Ignition system now works

• Uprated Fuel Pump

• Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit

• Engine Management/Piggy Back/Fuel Controller (depends how far you want to go)

• Rolling Road Session

Car now fuelling adequately

• Uprated clutch with flywheel is poss

• Quickshift Kit

• LSD if poss

Car can now handle power and you can shift quicker

This should net you around 180bhp - 200bhp on 18 psi max. This then leaves the brakes and chassis which will need to be sorted to cope with the power. I would recommend at a min:

• Uprated Front Disks

• Uprated Pads

• New OEM Rear Pads

• Braided Brake Lines

• Cusco BMCS

• Dot 5.1 Toyota Fluid (bleed dry and refill)

You can now stop!

• Coilovers / Fixed height shocks with springs

• Front and Rear Strut Braces

• Panhard Rod

• Lower Arm Bar

• Anitlift kit

• Check and replace worn bushes

• Good tires

Power to ground greatly improved.

That’s a basic list of what we recommend, obviously there are many more parts that will net you a good handling car that can stop with power to match but that should give you a good idea on where to take her pending needs.

This doesn't take into account basic servicing which is a must, make the most out of what you have no point adding mods until the car is up to scratch :)

reneee

Fresh Recruit
Thanks!

Thanks for all the hints! I just cant wait to get the car. I found one at 3500$ 91' and it haves no extras, the car is in good condition and haves 85000Km. I think its a fair price not??