hks actuator fitted but still have problems!!

mike g

Member +
fitted today!! and still not holding boost properly!! set a .8bar and when hits about 5k revs it starts to go to 1bar and hitting fuel cut!! help!! a.s.a.p. its wkd annoying!!

Chris@CCM

Member +
fitted today!! and still not holding boost properly!! set a .8bar and when hits about 5k revs it starts to go to 1bar and hitting fuel cut!! help!! a.s.a.p. its wkd annoying!!
its been covered loads of times mate . do a search for boost creep

supernova

Member +
If you got boost creep, a hks actuator isnt gonna save you! try limit the amount of air going into engine or if you can, port the wastegate....

mike g

Member +
have a apexi air filter!! i have a de-cat aswell!! think thats it!! its coming off in the new year anyway!!

mike g

Member +
it only started to happen when i put the de-cat on!! the filter was on 4months before the de-cat and it was fine!!

HYBRID GRANT

Member +
been through the whole lot m8 its 1 of these boost controller... ie a shitty bleed valve
or the turbo wastegate needs porting....
or if your running a standard manifold it will not hold boost properly and the only way to maintain under 1bar is to get a free flowing mani ie stainless or mild steel it will be one of those.

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Hi mate - try this I as have just fixed the exact same problem. I also have full decat and induction on my Glanza. In high boost and set correctly it wanted to make well over 1bar of boost. I tried loads of adjustments of the actuator arm length whch made no real difference until it got to the point where it couldnt make any boost cos the wastegate was too open!

Try running the pipe from the turbo housing to the HKS T piece WITHOUT the brass restrictor olive. Its easy to do just get another lenght of pipe without the restrictor ready to go and swap over as you won't get the restrictor out of the pipe without cutting it out!

If you need any more help let me know!

Mike

Dave.

Member +
just get some duck tape and tape up loads of the induction kit. If it still creeps, tape more of it up

This reduces the surface area of the induction kit and therefore reduces the volume of induced air, which means no boost creep :)

Dave

froshtyv

Member +
Decat obviously the cause,

Port the wastegate it solved mine but i did crack the exhaust housing around the wastegate hole!! didnt affect performance though.