Honda Del Sol

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Any del sol or ex del sol owners on here? I'm pretty tempted to get one for my next car because they're cheap, look nice and (the SiR) put out around 170bhp so should still be nippy enough. Anything to look out for when buying one?

sanchez

Member +
My old housemate had one and spent a fortune on it.

Check the b16 isnt a big smokey lump lol
Rear arches rust!
Sir is import so check its undersealed and the paintwork is good.
If you get electric roof, check its all well as it cost to get it repaired (does have a munual override though if it does break)
Insurance is more as its import (sir)
They are UGLY lol
Hairdressers cars also!!

Haha anything else you want to know?

They are a deathtraps imo very light in arse handling is'nt the best compared to other Hondas. Electric roofs usually fuck up in them which come in the sir not sure if you can get the manual roof on sirs but if you can I'd go with that prone to rust in the arches too. Look cool though when done right quick we things too was in a few modded ones went very well for what they are. Insurance here is a killer on them not sure what its like over there.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
All the ads I've seen so far claim to have perfectly working trans tops, are them going tits up a fairly common complaint then? Apart from rust on the rear arches is that pretty much it? Nothing to really worry about engine wise?

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
seen a nice looking one, on a J plate (kinda old) up for £1350. Probably be able to get it lower but it looks in good nick in the photo's. And apparently it has lsd which is always a bonus.

sanchez

Member +
Yeah dont look too bad mate, just make sure you have a proper look for rust, and make sure the car is started from cold so you can check for smoke as when its warmed up, its not as noticeable! a mistake my friend made!

Jay

Admin
They rust just like any other Honda, be wary around the rear arches as already mentioned.

Distributors can give hassle so make sure you test the vTeC yO! is working where it should.

I found the handling in mine quite good even on stock suspension but they are a little light on slippery surfaces.

Oh and if you can't handle the hairdresser jokes don't even bother with a testdrive lol..

lingl9z

Member +
Not sure if it's still on civiclife but there was a mint white one with orange wheels and a few other bits, had a freshly built b18 in and has a full repsray done was sitting at 1650 although that was a month or so ago, could be worth a look. I wouldnt mind one tbh and hairdressers jokes only last until vTec kicks in!

Murray

Member +
Not sure if it's still on civiclife but there was a mint white one with orange wheels and a few other bits, had a freshly built b18 in and has a full repsray done was sitting at 1650 although that was a month or so ago, could be worth a look. I wouldnt mind one tbh and hairdressers jokes only last until vTec kicks in!

Hahahahaha,thats a good joke right there!

Paton

Member +
Mate of mine had the sir in blue, went really well with d2 coilovers on it. Had 17's on it initially which he said we ok but just a tad too big.