how easy is it to get past standard rev limit on EMU

jf84

Member +
Can someone tell me how hard it is to get past standard rev limit?

Is it just a case of seting the limit in the ecu to 8000 or is it more work than that to get it to play ball? i been told its a bit of a b*****d to get past how true is this?

yiph

Member +
What's your budget?

A stand-alone aftermarket ECU can do that. But it cost a fair bit.

Also, you got forged and uprated internals?

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
I don't know about the EMU, but as it is still a piggy back, i suppose it couldn't go more than the stock limiter.

There is a way to increase the rev limiter in the stock ecu. You have to change a crystal inside the ECU and according to the new one, it can rev higher or lower.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
it can be a pain in the ass to tune the emu past 7200rpm but once u get the hang of it, (and the stock ecu doesnt be a bitch about it) then its piss easy.. just datalog and enter ur readings :D pretty simple really :)

been running around/over 8200rpms for quite a couple of years now with the emu :)

kon

jf84

Member +
Thanks Kon :) think it would be easier to put one of then crystals in? It's not me mapping it so have to pay per hour of mapping but want an 8k rev limit (the vf22 needs it) so if your on data log just map it as you would for fueling to 8k and hope? cheers

Tony Harrison

Member +
Surely any aftermarket ECU be it standalone or plug n play can take care of this??

Im running a Watanabe ECU that does away with limiter amongst other things. But would have thought if ya running a bigger turbo setup then you would something like eManage which is way more tunable than a piggy on stock ECU?

But from my pov i make top power just after 7k so running to 8-8.5k for me is pointless (although i tried it once to test), then again i am only a hybrid ct9.

carltonglanza

Fresh Recruit
I'd be careful about this esp since your running standard retainers and springs, bounce off the limit on a down shift accidently and you can cause serious damage.

I'd imagine you only get a small benefit and would raise it to say 7800?, other than that it will set you up better for the next gear.

I have some experience with an EMU, and it basically tricks the car to open injectors past the factory rev limit.