how to get around the 270-280bhp mark?

benzep82

Member +
hi guys
i was just wondering wot i would have to do to get around 270 bhp out of a 4efte,engine,drive train etc etc.my mates dont fink its possible,i will show them:)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
very possible and has been surpassed lots of times!!

follow the advise above, with decent engine management and youll be sorted

Forged engine
Td04 turbo
Tdo4 downpipe
bigger injectors
uprated fuel pump
smaller radiator
manifold
better headgasket possibly
exhaust
relocated filter
fmic
enigine management
uprated brakes!!
uprated suspension
uprated clutch
boost set to roughly 1.4bar
and a mighty fine tune!

should see you close

richglanzav

Member +
is that for 280bhp at the wheels? or flywheel? lol just wondering cus i wna tune up my glanza soon. and whats the reliability gna be like at that kind of power (say 230bhp at the wheels)...ile be taking my car to toby so quality of work done will b top notch, and i will regularly service the car.

Reliable.. ? LOL.. with lots of mods, the more to go wrong, and the less you do to the car yourself.. the harder it is to fix/troubleshoot with no knowladge!

is that for 280bhp at the wheels? or flywheel? lol just wondering cus i wna tune up my glanza soon. and whats the reliability gna be like at that kind of power (say 230bhp at the wheels)...ile be taking my car to toby so quality of work done will b top notch, and i will regularly service the car.

Fly! reliabilty would come down to you, if your keeping on top of services and things which you probably will then should be good!

richglanzav

Member +
ok lol...and i know that 230whp is a lot for a 1.3 engine and will probz fuck upnow and again, but if i only run high boost occasionally, and keep engine sweet, then shud be ok right? i dnt mind fixingit now and again but dnt want it 2 fuck up every other day lol

Guye

Lifer
It's possible to get 280bhp from the 4efte, the better question is..."is it pratical?" On such a light car, FWD at that, much of that power/torque would be wasted in wheel spin in every gear. Also to get that power you will need a large turbine, high boost level=loads of lag. Your power band will be shifted to the top end only making the car unresponsive in the low-mid rpm range (this response is what make the starlet enjoyable) and undrivable in city/traffic conditions. This setup would be perfect for drag/illegal street racers imo.

one of my starlets is running 270 and its been running 1.5bar on a TD04 flat out for over a year the only problem i had was that the water pump went, with a decent chassis setup you can use 300bhp on the road with no problems.

My TD04 starlet is quicker than my TD05 starlet upto 100mph as its much more responsive and has a much more practical powerband :p

benzep82

Member +
bhp

a forged 4/5efte plus either a td04/5.
how much money av ya got

basically i bought my gt off some one and he was a b#llshitter,
he said it had a knife edged crank,it didnt,he said it was dynod at 260bhp,i had it dynod at 210bhp,he said mintex pads,they were standard.its got a td05 kit from sacha on it,apparently a forged engine,how could i check if its forged,iv had nufin but hassle with the car but i dont wana sell it.

wot would you say is a usable power at the fly??????????

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Im sorry but i refuse to listen to comments such as "unusable" in a FWD car.... God if my car is unusable Dred to think what it would be like if it was "useable" :p

All power is useable dependant on which way you go about tuning the car and for what your tuning it for.... SIMPLE

h3ppy

Member +
Im sorry but i refuse to listen to comments such as "unusable" in a FWD car.... God if my car is unusable Dred to think what it would be like if it was "useable" :p

All power is useable dependant on which way you go about tuning the car and for what your tuning it for.... SIMPLE

thats all well and good, but there is definately a limit as to how much power is usuable on the roads. he did say it would be more usuable for the drag strip, and i would have to agree, especially in the little starlet!

yes every tune is different but in reality there is definately limits with fwd.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
"road" wasnt mentioned.... what was said was you will loose all power/torque through wheels spin in "every gear"..... thats far from the truth espeacially at 280HP lol.....
FWD, RWD or 4WD all have limits on road and on track...... there are alot more acceptions on the drag strip.

I think the main point here is whats the limit of the "chassis" .... As that plays the biggest part around a track... the desighn of the chassis not its drivetrain....

I'd like to see how well a 300HP RWD starlet would be out on the track..... Personally, i wouldnt have faith....

4wd will also have its limit but would be higher.... The understeer would be sickening with huge power..... so there would only be a certain limit to how fast you could actually go around that bend......

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
open the sump and have a look would be the way pal!

X2 that. and take some pics and put them up on here to be sure what you got mate.

and btw dont let anyone tell you "dont do thisss, do that cos you will have unsuable power blablabla etc etc" with the right mods (and money :p) you could use most of your power from the front wheels