idle control valve

corofin12345

Member +
you can see it here, the thing with the electrical connector going to it..

alan1-2.jpg

welshowz

Member +
thats on top of the inlet mani its a small screw directly on top towards the back usually has a little rubber bung covering the hole

dark_knight

Member +
get to test/check both when the engine's cold and warm/hot mate. we'd like to help you cure the correct problem so if it's idling erratically (up-down-all-over-the-place) then you need to remove and clean the icv.

if it's just idling a little too high when cold then that's normal as the engine elevates the tick-over rev to warm up the engine quicker. once warm it should drop down to about 800~900 revs. all the same, to adjust the idle rev, there's the idle adjustment screw on the right side of the intake mani when viewed from the front. loosen the locking nut (using an 8mm spanner) then use an allen key to turn it anti-clockwise (when viewed from the battery side of the engine bay).

BE CAREFUL not to zap yourself from the high tension leads as you will need to do this while the engine is running. take special care with the king-lead.. :D

Last edited:
get to test/check both when the engine's cold and warm/hot mate. we'd like to help you cure the correct problem so if it's idling erratically (up-down-all-over-the-place) then you need to remove and clean the icv.

if it's just idling a little too high when cold then that's normal as the engine elevates the tick-over rev to warm up the engine quicker. once warm it should drop down to about 800~900 revs. all the same, to adjust the idle rev, there's the idle adjustment screw on the right side of the intake mani when viewed from the front. loosen the locking nut (using an 8mm spanner) then use an allen key to turn it anti-clockwise (when viewed from the battery side of the engine bay).

BE CAREFUL not to zap yourself from the high tension leads as you will need to do this while the engine is running. take special care with the king-lead.. :D

haha thanks for the advice, its when i start the car the revs go straight up to 2k and even when it gets hot it still stays up. just want it sorted cos it wrecking my head, keep worrying about it like ha. when it ticking over i can even hear that the car is been revved slightly

corofin12345

Member +
sorry im half asleep and didnt finish the post right.. "you have a vac leak maybe"... check all small hoses around inlet mani.. if one is cracked or off altogether it will idle high and its nearly always around 2,000rpm when theres a vacuum leak

sorry im half asleep and didnt finish the post right.. "you have a vac leak maybe"... check all small hoses around inlet mani.. if one is cracked or off altogether it will idle high and its nearly always around 2,000rpm when theres a vacuum leak

thers this pipe actually thats cut in half with a bolt blocking it and when i take the bolt out its blowing air out of it? its somewhere near the inlet mani 2