indiglo dials problem

johnny_k

Member +
My indiglo dials on my glanza have stopped working, they have been giving trouble all week, they would work for about 5 - 10 mins when i first turn on the lights then they would turn off.
now they wont work at all. all wiring has been checked and everything is fine. i can remember the transformer box used to make a quite whine when you turn on the lights if you get what i mean but this doesnt happen any more!
would the transformer box be the problem?

Thanks
John

corofin12345

Member +
well unless you can find a second hand one ull have to buy the full kit again, my buttons never worked and still looking for them but never came across any for sale..

1bar

Member +
If anyone has a good condition one but with a broken inverter for a glanza in 180kph ill be keen to buy it..been looking for one for ages.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
the buttons on my 1 stopped work also but..
there seems to be a couple of up-rated inverters available from the states for ok money...
I'm going to try this 1, once I've a spare evening.
12-Volt-Universal-Glow-Gauges-EL-Power-Inverter-3-Plug

That looks nasty but it's much cheaper than the 30 odd quid I paid for a new one from http://www.mygarage-glasgow.co.uk/pages/Instruments/indiglodials/indiglodials.htm who made the original kits - they do seem to not last very long!

gerard

Member +
they al go after awhile had mine a year an then started to flicker on an off an me friend had a set an they went aswell,

but if 1 of ye guys get 1 of them inverters an they work make sure ta post up here an tell us,,

the solution to u guys problems is to throw the cunts of things in the bin :haha: and stick to good old standard blb501's :rockon:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
the solution to u guys problems is to throw the cunts of things in the bin :haha: and stick to good old standard blb501's :rockon:

Think my solution will be a maglite duct taped to the steering column!

Have the invertor sitting here, but I haven't got round to connecting it up, will update this thread once i get to it.

You lazy bugger - it was almost a year ago you were looking to do it! :p

Gryzor

Admin
The new invertor works great, plug and play replacement for the old invertor. Newer models have the slim buttons. I can post pictures of the blue and green display.

There's still a wine off it and I'm wondering how long it'll last.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Sounds good.

Although I don't need it for now, mine started working again after I pressed the buttons a few times, they seem to just occasionally not turn on.