Insurance Quote

paulyoung89

Fresh Recruit
Just got an insurance quote from Bell. They quoted me £2660 with a 10month accelorator thingy (not sure what that is lol) on a standard gt that im looking at buying.

Im 18 with 1 year 2 months driving experience and no ncb. Live in a reasonably ok area. Car will be garaged and has clifford 650 alarm.

Is this cheap or where can i get it cheaper from your experiences?

Thanks
Paul

dac69er

Super Moderator
at your age but with no no claims you will be lucky to get a reasonable quote mate im afraid.

skyinsurance

Member +
I'm surprised they've actually quoted you. Unfortunately Sky Insurance wouldn't be able to offer you insurance. Be wary of ten month policies as a lot of companies will not accept them as proper no claims bonus.

59bhp

Member +
I'm surprised they've actually quoted you. Unfortunately Sky Insurance wouldn't be able to offer you insurance. Be wary of ten month policies as a lot of companies will not accept them as proper no claims bonus.

with these 10 month accelerator no claims would sky just convert these to 12 months no claims. its just ive been driving for 4 years and have full ncb but i was always using the 10 month policies and want to switch to sky but i obviously cant if i have to start all over again.

sx_turbo

Lifer
all insurance companys are a royal pain in the bum. they wont even insure me on a 200sx, im 22 with 1 years 6months no claims and 5 years driving.

you were lucky to even get a qoute mate, maybe try getting some no claims up and then try getting a gt.

This sounds like a reasonable quote to me.

Do you actually own a gt?

If so look at it from an insurers point of view, and remember they generalize

starlet TURBO for an unexperienced 18yr old bloke......... they gonna quote you high matey..

I would try build a few yrs no claims then get onto a gt. im 22 with a couple of yrs no claims and get reasonable quotes now

Dave.

Member +
Just got an insurance quote from Bell. They quoted me £2660 with a 10month accelorator thingy (not sure what that is lol) on a standard gt that im looking at buying.

Im 18 with 1 year 2 months driving experience and no ncb. Live in a reasonably ok area. Car will be garaged and has clifford 650 alarm.

Is this cheap or where can i get it cheaper from your experiences?

Thanks
Paul

Not great at all mate, When i was 19, i was paying under £1000 but that was over a year ago...

I'm 20 now and with all mods i'm only paying about £680 with 2 years ncb, i'm also with Bell, mibbe give elephant a shot?

Dave

skyinsurance

Member +
with these 10 month accelerator no claims would sky just convert these to 12 months no claims. its just ive been driving for 4 years and have full ncb but i was always using the 10 month policies and want to switch to sky but i obviously cant if i have to start all over again.

We should be able to work something out, although we would guarantee the full 4 years (x 4 10 months). Best thing to do is drop me a PM when you are thinking about switching insurance companies.

Regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

starbogt

Member +
insurance companies are money grabbers now when I was 18 I had a rover 220 turbo running 240bhp and it only cost 500quid FC thats 11 years ago though we are paying 490 on the starlet now :eek:

paulyoung89

Fresh Recruit
well ive just done another quote with elephant and added my parents as additional drivers but keeping me as the policy holder and ive got it down to..........£1265.
How good is that, seriously thinking of getting a gt now

Paul

Craig

Lifer
When I got mine I was 18 with 1 years 2 months driving. 0 NCB and a Non-fault accident. I put my mum as a named driver on the policy (3 points) and got quoted about £1200 from Admiral. Bell, Elephant and Admiral are all apparently the same company, or so I've been told...

ryanerak

Member +
Im 18, driving since August 06, 1YR NCB, live in an ok area. Car will be parked on driveway with a clifford concept 650. With Bell i got quoted £1496 Fully comp with a £500 excess