Is this fitted correctly?

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
Well since im having to wait around a week or so to get a new bracket made up for my actuator i've bought a shitty MBC to try and up my boost a bit. I couldn't get anything over 0.3bar before (just on the actuator) and since ive installed this MBC i can get 0.67bar. Just wanted to make sure i've installed it correctly. I've correctly connected up the 2 boost pipes to the controller but then the controller itself has a third pipe coming from it. Am i right in saying this is to ventilate? Heres a picture anyway:

f6a6a638.jpg

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
That picture + description scares me :(

why? lol. I havnt fitted it down yet and havnt drove the car other than up and down the street to test what boost im running. The car has been set up to run 0.8bar on the rrfpr and it was running this before i rotated my turbo. After i rotated the turbo the actuator had to winded down to fit which meant i was only running 0.3bar and i dont want to be running that rich. Im literally just using this for a week or so until the new bracket is made up for the actuator; then ill be running 0.8 from that and removing the MBC.

corofin12345

Member +
dont set to .8 bud or the EML will come on to warn you that your near fuel cut.. just under if ya can.. .9 is fuel cut

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
dont set to .8 bud or the EML will come on to warn you that your near fuel cut.. just under if ya can.. .9 is fuel cut

Ive got a Jam FCD and RRFPR so dont need to worry about all that. This is just a temporary thing while a bracket is being made up for my actuator. Just need to know if this is set up correctly; dont want my turbo to pop lol.

corofin12345

Member +
ah right.. i think the 3rd one is for the high/low solenoid but dont take my word for it.. just block it up if it is

Dave.

Member +
ah right.. i think the 3rd one is for the high/low solenoid but dont take my word for it.. just block it up if it is

I'm not sure that's correct. The third one is to bleed to the atmostsphere... Can someone confirm this?

why? lol. I havnt fitted it down yet and havnt drove the car other than up and down the street to test what boost im running. The car has been set up to run 0.8bar on the rrfpr and it was running this before i rotated my turbo. After i rotated the turbo the actuator had to winded down to fit which meant i was only running 0.3bar and i dont want to be running that rich. Im literally just using this for a week or so until the new bracket is made up for the actuator; then ill be running 0.8 from that and removing the MBC.

If it's temporary, I'd not do it - if you were using a Dawes device or a turbosmart (basically, what looks like a decent part) then no big deal. However, if it's only temporary I'd not even comtemplate using one - if that gives in you're in big trouble :(

Dave

Last edited:

scrappygit

Member +
My boost is set at 0.85 bar and a dont get any warning lights come up. Just to show that's it's near fuel cut off.

yeah the third one will vent to atomsphere to control the boost, dont go blocking that up or the MCB wont work and you will get infinate boost, that will make you go pop lol

i dont see anything wrong with the setup if you are only using it a week, if its set up correctly nothing can go wrong?

and i thought only when you hit fuel cut the EML comes on?

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
Cheers for the reply guys, I'll leave it venting and take it on another test run to make sure it's ok. I am a bit wary about this mbc aswell but It will be on for, hopfully, not long at all (to be replaced with an ebc) :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
seems like a waste of money for a week of use, but hey, ho. why not just live with the lower boost until the actuator bracket is done?

corofin12345

Member +
when my turbo was boost happy the EML came on at .8 of a bar but didnt hit the "brick wall/fuel cut".. i did once at .9 of a bar...