jam ecu and td04

Eoin_G

Member +
well still looking around for managment to run my td04 setup and was just wondering is a jam ecu good enough to run it at 1bar?

Yeah apparently it can run it fine, think Kon (HYBRID) ran his on a Jam ECU for sometime but wouldnt be going above 1bar without changing it to e-manage or something similiair;)
Christy

Jay

Admin
It has been done but each setup will differ.

Get the fuelling checked as soon as you fit it together mate. That way you can boost without worrying about blowing her up.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
As Jay said its very important to get it setup correctly...

With my trusty (now deceased aem wideband) & greddy egt, i setup a td04L on my car to run 1.7bar with the following:

sard rrfpr
7m fuel pump
324cc injectors
Jam ecu set for ct9 hehe

fuelling was spot on, also egt was never over 760deg Celcius... now this was on a very controlled system, ie we where very careful what we did, also since i had stock rods i didnt rev it over 6800rpms.. u can throw almost anything u like at any jam ecu & it will try to obtain the best af. .as the eprom they have works on a very similar effect as a/f target.. BUT dont take my case as a general rule, have it tried & tested, or u may be sorry down the line..

kon

bigdoods

Member +
frostyv on here runs that set up.he has an apexi afc also to sort out the fuelling at 1bar boost.330cc injectors.made 208bhp on dyno

Johnny_C

Lifer
ive an fcon for sale,would control the fueling very nicely.my mate is running one on his at 1 bar,fueling was checked by ai autosport and is perfect.

Most Jam ecus are pre-set for Hybrid CT9 so I wouldnt bother try to run a TD04 with it unless your running low boost.. I think this is th eprob Aaron had with his GT with TD04 kit and only making 150whp.. Best running stock ecu with an emanage or getting a standalone like the Apexi.

If you had a JAM ecu already and upgraded to a TD04 Id personally keep it , check the fuelling and maybe use a FPR to correct fuelling. If you dont though, I wouldnt invest in a JAM or alike as they're quite dear and it'd be worth it getting a decent piggyback instead to run off the stock ECU !

fur

Member +
Most Jam ecus are pre-set for Hybrid CT9 so I wouldnt bother try to run a TD04 with it unless your running low boost.. I think this is th eprob Aaron had with his GT with TD04 kit and only making 150whp.. Best running stock ecu with an emanage or getting a standalone like the Apexi.

you were lied to, jam ecu's have a really good daughter board and adjust fuelling pretty well for most mid sized turbo setups
speak to HYBRID