Just been to my first scrap yard..

JGT

Member +
Lads, long time for me since posting last but i had to say that i just got back from my first scrap yard visit in Japan! It was pure filth! I was shocked, dirty rare wheels left on cars in good order, almost every performance car had an exhaust system, gauges etc just on show and ready to get ripped out! I only saw a Glanza in terms of Starlets but there were many RX7, Supra, Skyline, Pulsar, 323 GTR, MR2 Turbo's piled everywhere! I didnt even know ill stop at the scrap yard so i didnt get to take my camera! I'll try pop back and get pics some time soon! Anyways, it was pure filth and i wanted to stay all day!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Ha Ha long time no speak. Welcome back. yep first thing i'd do if i went to japan would be to go to one.

JGT

Member +
Was awesome mate, scrappers are quite hard to find though.. Where i live there isn't any, well i haven't found any yet. Here though in a different part i've seen many.

turbojim

Lifer
well lad im headin over there in a few months for some retail therapy:p ware abouts you situated im in aus at the moment and plan on headin there wen i get some money together :rockon:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
you can buy parts from the scrapyard?? if so lets head to japland!!!!!!!!!!

get some pics dude!

Starlet_EP82

Member +
going japan end of may begining june finally my bro is taking me cant wait got couple of more cars coming.. also guys if you need any parts let me know ill c what they have

JGT

Member +
well lad im headin over there in a few months for some retail therapy:p ware abouts you situated im in aus at the moment and plan on headin there wen i get some money together :rockon:

I live in Kyoto mate, i'm sure you have heard of it... It is more of a history area rather than the likes of Tokyo etc.. Pretty much everything is traditional and next to Tokyo its the second most visited area in Japan, let me know when you come and i'll show you around if i can.

Jay

Admin
Would love to hunt through a JDM scrapyard J-man, it's like one of my ambitions. Think of the stuff that is just lying there waiting on me..:haha:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Would love to hunt through a JDM scrapyard J-man, it's like one of my ambitions. Think of the stuff that is just lying there waiting on me..:haha:

im sure you would need a hilux for all the stuff... or make them two! haha

JGT

Member +

You wouldn't leave mate, just set up your computer in the back of a liner or something and you'd be sorted for years..

God damn, the amount of R32's was unreal, they didn't even look too bad and some had no real damage on them. Just broke for spairs etc!

Bluebear

Member +
You wouldn't leave mate, just set up your computer in the back of a liner or something and you'd be sorted for years..

God damn, the amount of R32's was unreal, they didn't even look too bad and some had no real damage on them. Just broke for spairs etc!

That makes me a sad bear, I love the R32's. Were there any 'Hakosuka's at all? The older more classic skyline?

You need to take a camera next time, would love to see what it looks like. Really want to go to japan sometime too.

Sparky

Member +
I bet seeing a set of Rays wheels in a scrappy over there is like seeing a set of wolfrace or some shit over here :p

Blak_Mamber

Member +
That sounds awesome. You would never really get cars like that in scappers round my way. Would love to roumage through all those cars for rare parts. :)

rb69

Member +
Sounds awesome, definitely go back to get some pics. You could probably make a fair bit of money selling the stuff you find in there!

Guye

Lifer
Sounds awesome, definitely go back to get some pics. You could probably make a fair bit of money selling the stuff you find in there!
X2. I can even give you a list of stuff I would like you to find :D