Laptop Help

EP91_Girl

Member +
Hi Guys & Girls

i know i have been doing some Photoshop bits and many of you nice peoples have asked me to do yu a few things and i do apologise for the long wait in some cases, but im having a few problems with my laptop.
i have put a virus protaction onto it and removed various "infections" from it, but it just seemes to pick up more and more viruses and it's slows my lappy down so much that if i turn it on, i pretty much have to re boot it...
if im running CS4 it compleatly crashes on me without warning and i loose all my work "witch is VERY annoying"
Do any of you know of any downloadable anti virus that actually works what is free or cheep.. i had nortans but thats PONY!

Your help would be fantastic then i can get on with my PS work :)

x x x

Phil

Super Moderator
AVG anti virus.

tis good i find, not as annoying and intrusive as most programs.

Phil

EP91_Girl

Member +
thanks guys most appreciated
i will turn the blasted thing on tonight and try to de bug it...
i was working on the photos from the shoot did all my edits and bost BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH came up
lost the lot...Gerr..
i will try these see how i get on :)

thanks again peeps xx

I would go with Avast EP91_Girl. It also updates itself.

I found the new AVG is very system heavy and doesnt work properly, thats just my experience. You will see if you decide to try it. The old AVG rocked but the new one doesnt work the same I find.

Hope this helps
Joz

Sean_GT

Member +
thanks guys most appreciated
i will turn the blasted thing on tonight and try to de bug it...
i was working on the photos from the shoot did all my edits and bost BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH came up
lost the lot...Gerr..
i will try these see how i get on :)

thanks again peeps xx

If it was me i would just save all the files i wanted to keep and format the computer and start from scratch.

But i suppose trying to get rid of the virus with some sort of software would be an easy idea.

ChrisGT

Member +
I would go with Avast EP91_Girl. It also updates itself.

I found the new AVG is very system heavy and doesnt work properly, thats just my experience. You will see if you decide to try it. The old AVG rocked but the new one doesnt work the same I find.

Hope this helps
Joz

Agreed. Avast > AVG.

PelvisGt

Member +
Download 'Advanced system care', it will find problems with your pc and sort them out and also speed it up and sort files for you.

It works alongside AVG or whatever you choose to use but i found it to be a really useful program :)

gv1.3

Admin
I never trust a machine once it has been infected badly in my opinion it is just never right afterwards. I would always recommend a reinstall of the operating system and then take more care with what you open on the machine.

I used to run my computers for years without anti virus software and never had any issues, if you take care with what you open etc you should have no problems.

On my work laptop I have to use anti-virus as it is company policy. I hate norton its the worst piece of rubbish I have ever used. I tried AVG and it worked fine for a while and then went a bit mental. I currently have AVAST on my laptop and it works like a charm and is not imposing in any way i.e. it doesnt keep popping up annoying me all the time.

If the thoughts of a reinstall of the operating system is a bit much for you check with whomever you got the laptop from, often the manufacturer puts a hidden partition on the machine and you can run a simple command to fully restore your computer to how it came out of the box.