Later Shape MR2

Matchew

Member +
Me mrs wants one for her first car and you can get them for a good price.

Anything to look out for?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Matt:)

malcolmgt

Member +
Me mrs wants one for her first car and you can get them for a good price.

Anything to look out for?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Matt:)

which shape lad,

you have the old old shape. the middle typical shape or the new rubbish one?

my friend has a middle one. they come in 5 revs (differnt styles).

nice leather interior and t bar roof. good motor, not too juicy and comfy !

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Really good handling, pretty quick around the roads, sporty. I like em. I wouldnt say they are a rubbish car. Just mellowed down and taken a different approach from previous MR2's.

Not sure what the typical problems with these are though. If there are any that is.

Matchew

Member +
^^^^^Cheers mate, she doesnt want it to be quick just as she says it
"a purty lil girlie car"
I just wanna make sure there not lemons or unreliable:)

Tanz

Lifer
i have a mark1 and a mark2 mr2 and i love them both quite different to each other but great wee cars all the same....

Two of my friends have the mrs roadsters and they are a totally different drive to the ones i have alot easier to handle and comfortable aswell....they never seem to encounter any problems with them but then they dont abuse them either.

not enough of a challenge of a car for me but for someone starting off and likes the look of them then ya be a great wee car for her....

id only advise for her to test drive one first just to make sure seem likes the feel of it first ....

Matchew

Member +
i have a mark1 and a mark2 mr2 and i love them both quite different to each other but great wee cars all the same....

Two of my friends have the mrs roadsters and they are a totally different drive to the ones i have alot easier to handle and comfortable aswell....they never seem to encounter any problems with them but then they dont abuse them either.

not enough of a challenge of a car for me but for someone starting off and likes the look of them then ya be a great wee car for her....

id only advise for her to test drive one first just to make sure seem likes the feel of it first ....

Cheers fella, she ent bothered about the power etc as long as its nice to look at and doesnt break her heart just wanted to make sure

Johnny_C

Lifer
ive read that the bottom end can give a little trouble,same with the 140bhp 1.8 vvti celicas,same engine.
not sure what the problem is but ill look it up.

Tanz

Lifer
Cheers fella, she ent bothered about the power etc as long as its nice to look at and doesnt break her heart just wanted to make sure

hahaha if i was a fella i would say your welcome but seen as im a girl ill just take that it as a typo....;)

As for the car i cant see her having any major problems with it just watch out for the usual when looking at them and it seems iffy then it probably is.....
other then that best of luck with it....:)

Matchew

Member +
hahaha if i was a fella i would say your welcome but seen as im a girl ill just take that it as a typo....;)

As for the car i cant see her having any major problems with it just watch out for the usual when looking at them and it seems iffy then it probably is.....
other then that best of luck with it....:)

Sorry i keeping on calling you dude, fella etc you really need a pic of yourself on here so i dont call you a man lol

starletjosh

Member +
its the 1.8 vvti like a celica. The celica had a recall because of lack of power. The timing chain goes slack and wears the lobes on the inlet cam. Not too sure if mr2 had this problem or toyota sorted it before hand. Also make sure the variable valve timing works as it should. But overall a nice motor

Matchew

Member +
its the 1.8 vvti like a celica. The celica had a recall because of lack of power. The timing chain goes slack and wears the lobes on the inlet cam. Not too sure if mr2 had this problem or toyota sorted it before hand. Also make sure the variable valve timing works as it should. But overall a nice motor

Cheers lad will do

Matchew

Member +
sexy little cars theres, handling is sposed 2 be epic. i love look of them with a nice kit and spoiler on em

Do look abit ghey though nice looking non the less, was gonna tell her to get an mx5 but the insurance is quite expensive compared to the mr2 and she prefers it as its more girly