Life after the GT.....back to the darkside

After-Glanza

Member +
Well i only recently sold my forged TD05 starlet GT which was a pretty well known car on here and i ended up buying an Audi A4 130 TDI. Heres a wee pic of that.

800c454c.jpg

To cut a long story short, it was too much of a downgrade from the GT and within days i was bored to tears with it. So i put it up for sale and sold it the next day after 8days of ownership lol :rockon:

Now though i have got myself a nice compromise. Something not too slow in comparison to the GT but at the same time nice too look at like the audi was. :)

Heres a the only picture i have of it, my two cousins sitting in it lol

dd71a792.jpg

The spec is

Buddyclub p1 18" alloy wheel
Skunk 2 lowering springs
Mintex pads and grooved brake discs
AEM v2 induction kit
DC sports manifold
HKS cat back system
RBC intake manifold
Dastek unichip mapped by AI autosport

The car made 245hp and 212 at the wheels on AI's rollers so its not a bad going owl car. Not much more options tuning wise other than cams and some laughing gas which would see me the happy side of 300hp. I'll see how things pan out though. :)

Thats all i can think of at the minute.

sanchez

Member +
Audi looks lovely, really like them, so smart, shame it was abit slow? lacked some power :(

Honda looks smart but again is just another type r lol (your going to get mixed reviews on here lol) and 18'' wheels, not cool imo

billybob

Untrusted Seller
nice car lad you wount need to be under the bonnet at all like with the starlets :haha::haha:what torque did it make?????????????

After-Glanza

Member +
nice car lad you wount need to be under the bonnet at all like with the starlets :haha::haha:what torque did it make?????????????

Yea that is true just jump in and drive although ya have to keep an eye on the oil.:teach:

It made around 160lb/ft, not sure if thats good or bad. Pulls a lot better than an average standard type r and the vtecs smoother.

After-Glanza

Member +
Audi looks lovely, really like them, so smart, shame it was abit slow? lacked some power :(

Honda looks smart but again is just another type r lol (your going to get mixed reviews on here lol) and 18'' wheels, not cool imo

Yea the audi was dead really and not fun to drive at all. Cant see me having a car similar to that again.

Yea it is just another type r but it deffo goes better than the average type r as i've had a teg, an accord and an ep3 with bolt on mods and this is a fair bit quicker than all three.

nutta

Member +
gotta be honest, not a huge fan of those type r's, i prefer the older shape.

still looks nice, those wheels are HUGE!!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Love the look of both those cars. I like the wheels on that, well at least in that photo they look smart.

245BHP, nice, they go well with that power.

addz

Member +
Audi looks VERY nice. Type R looks nice too - but I would have the audi in this case just for the looks, but I also like VTEC

Looks like a good-un:)

After-Glanza

Member +
the advance wasnt really all that it got passed around some much ..who ownes it now;)

the advance was a seriously quick car on the road billybob, just was not a car for the drag strip at all but could set some very good times down with a diff, good semi slicks, proper suspension and an experienced driver.This wouldn't be as quick obviously but it does go very well and puts the power down perfect.

After-Glanza

Member +
Love the look of both those cars. I like the wheels on that, well at least in that photo they look smart.

245BHP, nice, they go well with that power.

the wheels do look huge in that pic, they suit the car to a tee when seen in the metal. Not really overkill considering they come with 17's as standard, don't think they will be changed.

Yea dan the car does go well and I'm sure it will keep me happy for a while.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
the advance was a seriously quick car on the road billybob, just was not a car for the drag strip at all but could set some very good times down with a diff, good semi slicks, proper suspension and an experienced driver.This wouldn't be as quick obviously but it does go very well and puts the power down perfect.

i was just getting Captain Starlet going lad:haha::haha:

the advance wasnt really all that it got passed around some much ..who ownes it now;)

:haha::freddy: yeah its not the best lol

As far as the strip chris i dont see the need for semi slicks just now obv if going for serious good times then yeah but i launch it hard and control the throttle through second and then third traction all the way. Doesnt actually seem aw that bad really.

And its true what they say you cant ever have enough power im looking at diff turbo setups at mo.

danb87

South East England Area Rep

x2 i like the audi alot more than the civic, but i guess it would be a boring car too drive, but so luxurios lol

After-Glanza

Member +
Incur be wrong, but that torque figure seems pretty shit?? Looks a nice car tho,

nah I think the torque figures spot on, 140 odd as standard so a fair bit more than standard. Obviusly not as easy to gain torque as a turboed car. Even though people say hondas have no torque I find them very responsive low down and they rev unbelievaby quickly but that must just be due to the short ratios.