Light weight EP82 GT?

TO82

Member +
Did toyota ever make the GT turbo without, Electric windows, central locking, and AC?

I know they made a Glanza, which also had only high boost etc, just never seen a GT without the above features until now.

Anyone know the weight difference, and would it make a difference?

Cheers :)

Duff

Member +
Yeah they did make a ''poverty spec'' GT with wind up windows etc..Don't know if the weight redution would make much of a difference though..

Phil

Super Moderator
the lightweight glanza had different seats didnt it? so it wouldnt relate to just a poverty spec gt :(

Phil

TO82

Member +
Ye i think the glanza did have different seats.

Its just a GT shell i just bought doesnt have the extras, so wondered if it was original a gt or not.

Think i mite aswell leave the back seats etc out then :rockon:, and id prefer to call it 'Light Weight' rather than Povert spec :p

Dave.

Member +
It had those wierd 'Wipe Clean' vinyl things in the 'Light Weight' glanza.

Still, the weight saving to be had from things like that is hardly worth it in my opinion.

Dave

TO82

Member +
What you mean the light weight spec seats are better than the Granny spec glanza seats? :haha:

Dave.

Member +
lol :D - 'Granny spec'! I wonder what the real deal is with the GT's and Glanza's that don't have any extra's. Did Toyota really market them as being light weight lol?

Dave

Phil

Super Moderator
not sure, think he's at the track atm, busy man these days :) his wisdom will no doubt arrive later on.

he def has a set of those nicer ep91 seats in storage somewhere lol

Phil

thomllee1981

Member +
i no my auto MK1 GT doesnt have electric windows but does have hi-lo and did have A/C till i ripped it out!

so id guess there were varying step you could get.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Dont take the piss i have wind up windows lol :p, Put it this way they will never give the problems of motors packing up thats about the only upside.

TO82

Member +
Cool, i hope the one ive got does!

Its got the AC button on the dash but dont have no AC rad etc, but may have been removed by the previous owner?