Looking at getting a new mob

badmanturbo

Member +
hi guys, I can now update my phone & was wondering if you guys had any recommendations.

At the mob Ive got a nokia 95 8gb had it for 16 months now brilliant phone & all but getting a little bored of it.

I was thinking of getting the Sony Ericsson x1.

lingl9z

Member +
All depends on what you want in the phone ive got a samsung omnia and can't fault it at all, has windows on so lots of software etc, got kool busines card reading feature which i use alot, and etiquet meaning if someones calling you you can flip it over and it'll stop

seab

Member +
Ive just gone for a Tmobile G1 doofer seems good so far. Ive just gone from a Sony W890i had nothing but problems with it. Orange seems to be going downhill too :(

Collett

Fresh Recruit
I have got the sony ericsson cybershot its pretty good can't fault it as yet picture quality is amazing 8mp camera and has gd features worth a look IMO.

graeme

Fresh Recruit
hi guys, I can now update my phone & was wondering if you guys had any recommendations.

At the mob Ive got a nokia 95 8gb had it for 16 months now brilliant phone & all but getting a little bored of it.

I was thinking of getting the Sony Ericsson x1.

Please for the love of god dont get the x1. its fecking useless. In all honesty one of the best phones to go for just now is the LG arena, proper good peice of kit.

If you really want to have something smartphone-ish wait for the HTC Magic, ive had a go of a pre-production one thru work and it was pretty nice if you like touch screens.

Other than that theres the tocco2, c905 (speaker issues with thoes tho)

My vote is for the arena tho

Glanza D

Member +
I have got the sony ericsson cybershot its pretty good can't fault it as yet picture quality is amazing 8mp camera and has gd features worth a look IMO.

i have c905 in for repair as we speak now, mates in for repair other day and i work for o2 so i knwo how wrong they go, wouldnt bother tbh

like i say i work for o2 and personally ide go for new samsung tacco ultra or google G1 (tmob only)

graeme

Fresh Recruit
i have c905 in for repair as we speak now, mates in for repair other day and i work for o2 so i knwo how wrong they go, wouldnt bother tbh

like i say i work for o2 and personally ide go for new samsung tacco ultra or google G1 (tmob only)

The amount of 905's (well, sonys in general) i get in for repair is much higher than any other manufacturer. Not happy with their quality at the moment, and i used to love SE. I work for vodafone ('booo hiss' from he o2 man :p jk) and even tho we dont sell the arena its the one id go for, the tocco 2 is also a pimp. the lucido would be good for a no-nonsense phone if thats what your after, one of my favs at the moment aswell

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
had my pixxon since january n i cnt fault it. but i had the satnav on my n95 but on the samsung its google maps and its shit. i tryed to find myself and it said i wo 1.2 mile away from where i was lol

badmanturbo

Member +
Please for the love of god dont get the x1. its fecking useless. In all honesty one of the best phones to go for just now is the LG arena, proper good peice of kit.

If you really want to have something smartphone-ish wait for the HTC Magic, ive had a go of a pre-production one thru work and it was pretty nice if you like touch screens.

Other than that theres the tocco2, c905 (speaker issues with thoes tho)

My vote is for the arena tho

Oh common m8 I had a go on the x1 in my local vodafone shop & it seemed pretty cool like a pocket pc. Only problem I saw was the touch screen being a little on the small side if you get me.

rb69

Member +
I'm after a new one soon as my shite 18 month Orange contract is finished then. Have had a Sony Ericsson W910i. Nice phone but every now and then it just turns itself off for no apparent reason. I agree with the quality of sonyericssons going down hill. The last one i had w810i was the best phone i've ever had! Was looking at the N95 but is there better than that around now?