Mani to turbo gasket

Rik

Member +
I've posted in TT wanted section but nay look yet. I'm looking for a copper turbo to mani gasket or one of those metal paper type things that doesnt crush! Does anyone know where I can get one or does anyone have one spare i could buy thats new? Cheers.

Dave.

Member +
I've never heard of anyone asking for this before, but couldn't you get a normal gasket and some gasket paper (all different kinds available). Then use one as a stencil for the other.

If you have a look on eBay there is loads available...

Only problem being, I've never seen Gasket paper that could take the heat a turbo would produce.

As for new ones, Toyota can order them in for very little money. I'm sure Toby/Dave Burwash or another trader would get you one too (the best option imo)

Dave

Jay

Admin
I only use genuine Toyota gaskets after experiencing a few quality issues in the past.

Rik

Member +
I suppose i could just try a metal type one again, i think its not sealing because its crushed too much, it was a new one but i think we must have tightened the turbo up at a dodgy angle an its crushed it up. I was after a copper one as they wont deform an i suppose can be re-used! I didn't mean actual paper type, its the type that are solid material but dont crush, i have one on my downpipe to ehxuast that came with my nur spec.

I'll get a toyota one then and see how that goes, won't be fitting it till the other turbo arrives but hopefully it will seal properly this time when i do it myself!