Massive Euro Trip!!

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Just back yesterday from a 2 week Euro trip with the Glanza and 4 other mates. Was amazing the things i seen in such a short space of time. The car ate up the miles with no problem at all and also done 20mins around the Nurbugring gp track. The Looks the car got was awesome, I guy in italy actually stopped in the middle of the road to get out and take a pic of the car :D Its a great feeling. So anyways This is what happened-

Cars - CRX Del Sol, Glanza, Nissab S13 & 350z.

Miles - 5000+ circa.

Route - Scotland - Eurotunnel - Nurburgring - Luxemburg (cheap tank of petrol) - Black Forest - Swiss Alpine Roads - Stelvio Pass - Venice - Milan - French Alps - Monte Carlo - Barcelona - Madrid - Bilbao - Nantes - Paris - Home.

Ive Millions of pics which ill upload asap... Theres just so many i need to sort through.

Im so Happy that the car held up perfectly, Just shows you how well made these wee cars are :D

Jay

Admin
Sounds awesome, would love to go travelling in the GT. Nothing beats a good roadtrip!

Bring on the pics!

Jay

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Bloody hell. Some miles you covered. I would love to do that. How much did you spend all together? I would be paranoid that my car would fail at the furthest possible point. Was there no problems along the way with any of the 4 cars? Also, bet the Z drank some petrol!!!! they arnt the most economical car i must say

Looking forward to pics!!!

Just back yesterday from a 2 week Euro trip with the Glanza and 4 other mates. Was amazing the things i seen in such a short space of time. The car ate up the miles with no problem at all and also done 20mins around the Nurbugring gp track. The Looks the car got was awesome, I guy in italy actually stopped in the middle of the road to get out and take a pic of the car :D Its a great feeling. So anyways This is what happened-

Cars - CRX Del Sol, Glanza, Nissab S13 & 350z.

Miles - 5000+ circa.

Route - Scotland - Eurotunnel - Nurburgring - Luxemburg (cheap tank of petrol) - Black Forest - Swiss Alpine Roads - Stelvio Pass - Venice - Milan - French Alps - Monte Carlo - Barcelona - Madrid - Bilbao - Nantes - Paris - Home.

Ive Millions of pics which ill upload asap... Theres just so many i need to sort through.

Im so Happy that the car held up perfectly, Just shows you how well made these wee cars are :D

Sounds amazing mate would love a run to Europe in the GT Spain Barcelona or south of France

madman

Member +
PIC'S PIC'S PIC'S haha... man i am so jealous of you right now a few of my friends and i are looking at doing it next year i cant wait.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
would love to take a trip like this around europe. My girlfriend done it a few years back with her parents, went to the concentration camps and all they said it is one of the best holidays they have had. Im like them, would rather be out doing things rather than lying doing f/a on a beach for 2 weeks.

how much money did it take if you dnt mind me asking?

Fro

Member +
Bloody hell. Some miles you covered. I would love to do that. How much did you spend all together? I would be paranoid that my car would fail at the furthest possible point. Was there no problems along the way with any of the 4 cars? Also, bet the Z drank some petrol!!!! they arnt the most economical car i must say

Same, id love it but shit scared of the car dying miles from anywhere! Guess thats what european recovery would be for!

Your only a couple hundred miles down the road from me too! Kinda places did you stay? Or were you driving your hotel :haha:

malcolmgt

Member +
driving mine to the nurburgring in August Bank holiday, if it doesnt make it i will be hacked off!

how much did the trip costs etc.. just want a rough idea as would love to do all the above you have.

also.... PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS :)

ianmcintoshi

Member +

After everything ie petrol, hotels, tolls, and all the other crap it worked out at around the £3000 mark. Its a lot of money but honestly worth every penny! The best experience of my life by a long shot! The Z was hefty on fuel as you can imagine However at one point on the motorway he was using cruise control and his wee computer thing said 35mpg :D WIN! lol

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Same, id love it but shit scared of the car dying miles from anywhere! Guess thats what european recovery would be for!

Your only a couple hundred miles down the road from me too! Kinda places did you stay? Or were you driving your hotel :haha:

I bought european cover from direct line... it cost me £65 for the two week but if my car broke down anywhere in europe and it couldnt get fixed roadside or at a garage they would deliver it right back to my front door in scotland!! Didnt need it in the end but still money well spent.

We stayed in hotels the whole trip, some real swanky ones too. We could have saved money on cheaper Hotels but Doing so many miles it was nice to relax in a posh hotel at night.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
driving mine to the nurburgring in August Bank holiday, if it doesnt make it i will be hacked off!

how much did the trip costs etc.. just want a rough idea as would love to do all the above you have.

also.... PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS :)

Ive sorted through a few hundred ( we have 4500 photos LOL ) so ill put some up tonight :D

malcolmgt

Member +
Ive sorted through a few hundred ( we have 4500 photos LOL ) so ill put some up tonight :D

sound good, so did you stay in hotels every night i presumse just in different places or did you hang around for a few days in places?

what was the best place you went to/best road to drive on?

ianmcintoshi

Member +
sound good, so did you stay in hotels every night i presumse just in different places or did you hang around for a few days in places?

what was the best place you went to/best road to drive on?

Yeah different hotels every night, tbh if i were to do it again i would maybe cut down on some of the miles and spend a bit more time in each place. I couldnt pic a favourate place... Switzerland was the nicest place ive ever seen, Nurburgring was awesome ofcource, Venice and monte carlo were amazing and barcelona coz we went out on the piss lol. The best road were easily in the swiss/italian allps! absaloutly unreal!!! oh and there were loads of tunnels too which was fun :D Glanza + screamer pipe + Tunnel = WIN!

ianmcintoshi

Member +
OK so heres a few pics, as i say there are thousands more but its taking much longer than i realised to sort through them.

Sadly the livesports front end had to come off for the trip which kinda ruins the look of the car but tbh if i had left it on it would have came back in pieces :(

Hope you like :)

DSC_0375.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0016.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0176.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0369.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0253.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0282.jpg