Matte Purple.

lingl9z

Member +
Basically thinking of Dark Matte purpling my car but was wondering if rollers would do an ok job rather than rattle cans? I'll still prep the car for paint etc but would rollers leave an 'alright' finish as it doesn't have to be perfect!

Cheers Rich

Jay

Admin
My RX7 was matte'd by roller and it was shockingly bad. Get the cans out mate.

nikon1042ir3.jpg

bullet

Member +
my mate had a nova and we painted it in chalk board paint for a laugh, done it with rollers and it came out great

My local paint supplier will put any colour you like into a spray can. Just call up some bodyshop suppliers close to you to see if they provide the same service.

You'll probably be given solvent basecoat, which is matte anyway, but it should really be coated with a matte lacquer. Then again, you say it doesn't have to be a great job, so it's up to you whether you clearcoat it or not.

Do you know the colour code of the purple you're after? If not, go to your local bodyshop and ask to see a selection of their colour chips (also called swatches or spray-outs). If you can convince them that you'll give them the respray to do they are much more likely to oblige.

One more thing: do you know anyone with a compressor and spraygun? It might be worth asking around, your paint will be much, much cheaper if you buy it as a premixed litre to spray through a gun, rather than in aerosols.

lingl9z

Member +
Hi buddy many thanks for the replies, I do happen to have a spray gun with a compressor at my parents house, not sure if it's in good working order though as it's not been used for years ! I'll give the above ago mate.

Repped btw!