mesh turbo problem

villen25

Member +
I did this and now i boost at 4 psi and spits stuff out the blow off... does boost creep go backwards? I'm guessing it is because i did not connect the vacuum hose that was on the EFI pipe...? Is it? If it is what should i connect it to?

C

CaL

what do you mean?meshed your turbo?i have done that but have no problems,your dump valve is it leaking boost?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
boost creep isnt really a "thing" its just an explanation for the extra air.

im a bit confused wat you mean mate try to explain a bit more

villen25

Member +
my turbo is fine i took out the efi pipe and now my car is boosting at 5 psi max, it has done this when my intercooler hose was leaking. but i think the hose is fine... would it have anything to do with the vacuum hose that was originally connected to the pipe? am i suppose to connect it elsewhere since there is no more pipe? i just have it hanging there connected to nothing:(

villen25

Member +
just lave the pipe to free air it only to bleed off air i think

so if it is not the vacuum hose or the breather what do u think is the problem?

but the other end of the vacuum hose is connected to a lil sensor or sumtin as the input... and it has another one connected to the same sensor which is output i think?

villen25

Member +
its just a bleed hose, that sensor is the boost solinoid

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

boost sollenoid, isnt that imprortant? the pics were taken in the dark with a flashlight and cell phone

monka

Member +
if it completely dsconnected yeah, but he is just talking about the bleed hose, which connects to the efi pipe.
it can be disconnected.
at least that is what i got told when i asked, there is a thread here some where

villen25

Member +
does anyone hav pics of their meshed turbo or instructions so i can see if i did it correctly:( i hav no boost anymore and i didnt break anything...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
meshing a turbo is as simple as you make it... you literally just put mesh over it... all it is, is a less restrictive filtration... nothing more, nothing less....

villen25

Member +
meshing a turbo is as simple as you make it... you literally just put mesh over it... all it is, is a less restrictive filtration... nothing more, nothing less....

i figured that much, but i am trying to find out what would cause me to stop boosting... that is why i was asking about the breather hose and the vacuum hose, but everyone says thats not the problem, other than that everything is still the same but just no more boost and the blow off bolws out oil at hig revs... any solutions any one:( this is the first serious problem i got with my car, and i had it for a year and a half now

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i can pretty much bet you your turbo is fucked mate... oil through boost pipes out of dumpvalve... its obviously leaking through the housing and coming onto the inlet side... your seals mate....

i cant see it being anything else.. the oil is a big indication...

villen25

Member +
that would really suck if my turbo died, because i drove the car yesterday morning... let the engine cool off for some hours... took off the efi pipe and meshed my turbo, took it for a test and it never boosted since i meshed it