more problem afer fitting coilovers

morpheus

Member +
hi
as said above am having some more problem ..
this time noticed that on rear passenger side that the space between the tyre and the archer is more by 1.3cm than on the other side...both coilovers are exactly set on both sides....we crossed checedk it more than 5 times..
we also interchange the coilovers but still same problem..
-wheel pressure ok..
-i just cant figure out ,why this is happenig..
no sign of damage on the cross
what ur opinion...
thks:confused::confused::confused:

durmz

Member +
just an opinion, i may be wrong, there may be a problem, but, im pretty sure that there are only certain manafacturing standards set in the factory, and well, 1.3 cm is fuck all for summit like this

monka

Member +
correct me if i'm wrong, but your not supposed to adjust the suspension by actaully looking at the height of the dampers on each side are you? just to what it looks like or the out side?

Sigma

Member +
Everyone has.

As you lower the car, because Starlets don't have independant rear suspension, the axle is pushed to one side.

You need an adjustble panhard rod.

morpheus

Member +
correct me if i'm wrong, but your not supposed to adjust the suspension by actaully looking at the height of the dampers on each side are you? just to what it looks like or the out side?

it was set by adusting the spring height mate

Adam_Glanza

Member +

i counted my splines on each corner and made sure they were equal..

dont know how you do it by looking at it from the outside unless youve got a spirit level in ur head

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no you just look at the height the arch is from each wheel.

thats a very lazy way 2 do it mate, hows it ever gonna be accurate by just looking? i dont know bout you but 2 splines by just looking doesnt make a big difference,

if you mean you measure from arch to wheel then fair enough, but looking??!

munday

Member +
thats a very lazy way 2 do it mate, hows it ever gonna be accurate by just looking? i dont know bout you but 2 splines by just looking doesnt make a big difference,

But if you set it before they are on the car then you could easily have a lopsided car, you can't account for the different weight on each corner, or the weight of the driver.

You are best off roughly setting them up, fitting them and sitting in the drivers seat getting somone to measure from wheel to arch and fine tuning them

monka

Member +

yeah mate i mean just looking. bloody hell

monka

Member +
But if you set it before they are on the car then you could easily have a lopsided car, you can't account for the different weight on each corner, or the weight of the driver.

You are best off roughly setting them up, fitting them and sitting in the drivers seat getting somone to measure from wheel to arch and fine tuning them

at last, a man with knowledge. rep given

sorry if i didnt say the word 'measure' but if you have the brain to have fitted coilovers yourself, you'd have the brain to work out that you measure.

Adam_Glanza

Member +

i didnt mate, i put them on our pit at work and then moved the lock nuts to the same spline level

morpheus

Member +
Everyone has.

As you lower the car, because Starlets don't have independant rear suspension, the axle is pushed to one side.

You need an adjustble panhard rod.

is it always on rear passenger side or can it be on the rear driver side also?:(

morpheus

Member +
okk.i will buy a panhard rod...
how do u set it?
imo ,adjusing the screw on the rod till both sides ,[space between wheel and arch] are the same on both sides..
correct me if am wrong, ill have to shorten the panhardrod..
:)