Muay Thai Boxing?

Kelly

Member +
Just wondered if any members do this?

Been going myself for a few months now and i love it! Such hard work but i like to be pushed hard when it comes to exercise etc.

Also going watching my first big fight sunday at a stadium, excited to see the sport in that way too anyone ever been watching before?

p.s trying to make more of an effort to get my ass online too so much to fit into each day!

Fizturbo

Member +
Av never done thia boxing wish i did instead of goin karate classes for couple years.
My sister goes to Thai boxing in town center (sandy holt) :rockon: One of the Best sport .
Others sis goes to karate lessons, I wudn't mess wiv my sisters :haha:

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i do mma training an my local centre, muay thai is one of my chosen arts too learn, currently got 8 months of kickboxing left before i move on too muay thai, wasn sure what too do it was between that an brazillian jditzo ( speelling) lol

great for the stamina, an a great workout. dont think ill be fighting myself any time soon.

durmz

Member +
Something I would love to get into but I can't find anything local to me, annoying living in the sticks sometimes

danb87

South East England Area Rep
theres always something mate, my area is a complete shit hole, i travel 20 mins too the centre just out side of leatherhead. google it. thats how i found it. lol

simonjp

Member +
i used to do thai boxxing for a couple of years. was awsomeeeee.

i used to go scorpions in epsom. was badass. get you well fit and its fun elbowing people in the head!!!!!

Kelly

Member +
Fizturbo - I went to Sandy's classes when i was younger i bursted a boys nose on accident blood everywhere i didnt go again (altho i wish my parents would have made me)
I go to Craig's classes in Wigan he trained with Sandy its just easier than travelling to bolton from wigan a few times a week.

I just need to get use to the mass of bruising on my shins etc i have events to go to soon which require a skirt and legs out should make for interesting convo with my shins black and blue haha

Funny that later after training struggling to do the simpliest of tasks (holding a brew up is a mammoth task arms are just dead)

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
ive been doing it a few year now, cant get enough of it, my instructor has 29 years experience and 10 years spent living in Thailand, its by fa the most superior striking combat, im probably going to enter some comotitions competitions myself next year, put it off this year as i had far to much going on.

Kelly

Member +
Well i went to the Rising at the Reebok show last night first ever show ive been to and it was awesome! Some fights were very amateur but still good to watch etc!

Dan how often you train?

Our guy was the only fight in B class it was the very last one. His opponent stopped the fight in beginning of 4th round! still undefeated :D

richglanzav

Member +
i go gym quite a bit would like to consider myself fairly fit...can run several miles etc. and love bein pushed hard. had a training session with my mate who has done fitness training courses. all i had to do was six' two minute rounds sparring with him on the pads but proper high intensity and im not jokin i nearly fell down dead when i was done lol. think my punches ended up as light as feathers.

tried using the punchbag and just doing a 60second punching burn where ya just basically gta whack it as hard and fast as possible for a minute solid.

i thought that would be easy......lol

scot-ish

Member +
its something that im gunna try get into, i done NEKA kickboxing, which is just freestyle, but once i get into a routine properly with my new job, im gunna go to muay thai. i think it looks awesome, i would liek to start mma, so this would be a good stepping stone with some jujitsu

Kelly

Member +
i go gym quite a bit would like to consider myself fairly fit...can run several miles etc. and love bein pushed hard. had a training session with my mate who has done fitness training courses. all i had to do was six' two minute rounds sparring with him on the pads but proper high intensity and im not jokin i nearly fell down dead when i was done lol. think my punches ended up as light as feathers.

tried using the punchbag and just doing a 60second punching burn where ya just basically gta whack it as hard and fast as possible for a minute solid.

i thought that would be easy......lol

Last session we had to hit and kick the person holding the pads for 5 rounds before swapping over. Obviously nowhere near as intense as a fight etc but i was dying after! To use to having my go and then swapping and holding pads for the other person! Instead i had hold the pads after my five rounds for their five rounds and that was just as painfull! I have no idea how people have the stamina for the ring! Well saying that watching the fights some people didnt come 4th and 5th round you could see how tired and sore they was.
I guess i know why our fighters train 9times a week!