My first GT Turbo! Need wheels, what do you think???

ChrisW

Lifer
Hello all!

I made the long journey from Brum to WRC Sales in Bradford on Saturday and put a deposit down on my new GT Turbo! I love it :p, it has 63,000 kms, Tomms bodykit, sports suspension, Kakimoto Cat-back system, HKS blow off valve, HKS Air filter and other bits, it's ideal as a base for some bigger mods I think.

First things first, the wheels. The alloys that come with this are a bit shabby. I just wanted your opinions on what you think will look good. I was thinking black 17" alloys with a polished rim??? I might be concentrating too much on looks as I don't know if 17" is too big though?? Let me know your thoughts, picture below...

GTTurbo.jpg

ChrisW

Lifer
They wanted near enough £3800 but I managed to get down to £3500. I thought it was a good price considering its milage, 39,000!

Glanza_graeme

Fresh Recruit
nice price car lookin good. i think 17s look too big on a starlet in my opinion and may upset the handling. i think a nice set of 15s or max 16s would be good.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think them alloys look nice and suit the car i wouldnt change them unless your going jap rims again..

dont go for 17s it wouldnt look too nice i dont think.

tosa2tosa

Member +
thinking 15's wud look a lil small with that aftermarket kit
16's wud b the best option
wot does it have in the pic?

ChrisW

Lifer
thinking 15's wud look a lil small with that aftermarket kit
16's wud b the best option
wot does it have in the pic?

Thats what I was thinking. I think the ones on the car are 15's but they might be 14's I cant remember. I'm pretty sure i'm going to for the 16" Rota Grid rims in Gunmetal with a polished rim.

Oh and thanks every1 for your comments, very much appreciated.

rb69

Member +
Size wise, the rims in the pic look like a good size to go for. They're not bad rims either! Maybe keep them as a spare set.

ChrisW

Lifer
I've ordered a set of these off Dave with Toyo Proxes. I decided to go for the 16 inches to fill the arch a bit more. A good choice I think as they are very light alloys aswell as good lookin!

16inch.jpg

thefalls

Member +
nice choice....can you please post a few pics of the rims after they're fitted...
thanks.
ps:btw,what are the specs of the car?

ChrisW

Lifer
nice choice....can you please post a few pics of the rims after they're fitted...
thanks.
ps:btw,what are the specs of the car?

Yea I sure will mate dont worry about that! I'll post the spec when I pick it up on Thursday so I dont miss anything out! Thanks for the comment.

ChrisW

Lifer
39,000 miles since new? :p

What grade was the car and good selection on the wheels :)

Best Regards,

Toby

Does the :p mean you find it hard to believe or just think its good? I must admit when I saw the milage I thought it was stupidly low but it rides like its done 40,000 miles and it has a milage verification certificate with it too. Do you think thats a bit fishy then? :confused:

Oh and the car doesn't have an auction grading as one of the brothers who owns WRC travels to Japan to hand pick them.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
As long as it has documentation then it should be fine although those certificates can be fiddled. Ask what grade it was and ask to see the auction sheet for proof. If it's a R then you need to have words, anything over 3.0 should be fine.

A Starlet with 39,000 miles on the clock from new would be expensive at auctions and sought after so would be hard to sell at normal prices like that and make a profit but you never know, they may have just wanted to get rid. Just sent you a message regarding your PM :)

T