My new whip (Yee Haww!)

munday

Member +
Still not got any decent pics, but here are a couple of low quality ones just to show you my new car :)

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

02.jpg

07.jpg

Not very shiney in the pics due to the moisture on the paintwork ;)

Rough spec:

MG ZR 160 Engine Fitted

Rover 200 Brm gearbox with type B limited slip differential

Rover freelander flywheel

Rover 220 Turbo Uprated clutch

Mgf drive shafts

Custom engine wiring loom

Mems 3 ecu and 5as immobiliser

Clifford concept 650 alarm system

New battery fitted

MG ZR 160 Exhaust manifold fitted with custom downpipe

Stainless steel powerflow decat pipe

Ashley performance exhaust system

Uprated suspension mgf trophy hydrogas canisters front and back individualised with custom adapter nuts to allow ride height and dampening adjustment.

MGF Subframe
Avo adjustable front shock absorbers
Rover 200 gear linkage
Poly bushed front and rear anti roll bar
Poly bushed front anti roll bar drop links
MGF rear drop links
Poly bushed MGF wishbones
Rover 100 larger capacity diesel radiator
Green Nano enclosed induction filter with 90 degree silicone bend and cold air feed pipe.
14” KN Raceline alloy wheels
Toyo proxies T1R tyres 195 45 14
Full body rebuild floor rust cut our and replaced with new metal and under sealed with Schulz body sealant inside and out.
Full professional re-spray in British racing green with ¾ coded bumpers and smoothed front splitter.
Back arches and sills replaced with Unipart replacement panels.
New front windscreen rubber
Back opening rear windows from Metro Gti special edition.
Custom rear roll cage
Rover 100 Dashboard
Rover 100 back light clusters
Black carpet from metro si
Custom leather door cards
MoMo steering wheel
MoMo gear knob
Had the car on a rolling road and it made 176bhp and 154ftlbs or torque.

Done a few things since like fitted some nice Recaros, stripped all headlining/carpets and insulation. Now i want to turbo it but we'll see what happens :homer:

What you reckon? :haha:

Bazza

Member +
mate get a 1.8 vvc in there they are awesome a mate built one a few years back it beat everything that was out against it! :p

r34 skyline getting pissed on by a metro its funny as fook! :haha:

munday

Member +
mate get a 1.8 vvc in there they are awesome a mate built one a few years back it beat everything that was out against it! :p

Its already got the top VVC engine in it mate, 160bhp stock in a sub 850kg car is ok, would prefer a nice round 200...

:p

that can not be a lady puller!

Picked my current GF up for our first 'date' in my old rusty metro 2 years ago with a different colour front wing (and 155bhp...) and she didnt mind too much, although she keeps telling me she preferred the Glanza. Usually just give her a quick back hand slap and she soon shuts up ;)

Beaker

Member +
Nice, should do at least 300 yards before turning itself in to a kettle! Seriously though, that shold be a right giggle to drive but keep an eye on the old temp gauge.

munday

Member +
i bet that metty fliess

Yeah its not bad, corners are so fun :)

Fooking lovely :cool:

Street sleeper all over it.

Thanks man, had a 1.1 badge on my old one but i'll leave this one as it is (looks wise), maybe go back to standard alloys ;)

Nice, should do at least 300 yards before turning itself in to a kettle! Seriously though, that shold be a right giggle to drive but keep an eye on the old temp gauge.

With the MLS gasket and good condition cooling system there is no need to worry :rockon: Its a giggle alright

That will shock a few people! :drive:

Yeah has that effect

Need a good few people at the Hatfield meet so i'll use this thread as an advertisment :rockon:

D3N0

Member +
And you think that RatBox stands a chance, lol. See you in Engineering Science class tomorrow dude

GP82

Member +

Yeh, i think i know of the one you talkin' 'bout, he now drives a 500+hp evo ll or lll? He had the 1800, diff, rollin' on semi slicks and takin' out 300hp evo was a snooze :eek:

Awesome whip mate, your gonna love it, deffo a sleeper.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Sweet dude,i like it. Sleeper :freddy:

My mate had the same conversion, used to fly even with 4/5 people in the car. :drive: