NEED HELP!!!:confused:

DarrenGT

Member +
Hello everyone im wondering has anyone fitted a FUEL CUT DEFENDER to an EP82 91 mark1 and why was your reason for fitting it??????

My car is doing strange stings between just under 2,000rpm and 4,000rpm.. for example if your in 2nd gear in traffic and taking of nice and handy it chuckles and feels like it was going to cut out and keeps doing it up too approx 4,000rpm, BUT IN 1ST its a flyer!! its weird cos after 4,000rpm its ok!!! HELP...

THANKS!!!!

Jay

Admin
Fuel cut defenders are fitted to remove fuel cut..

This removes the factory safety net and usually results in a blown engine in most cases. If your car is overboosting (which sounds like it is) I suggest you find the reason why and address it rather than fitting a FCD mate.

We would need to hear what modifications have been done and what level of boost your car is running first.

Hope that makes sense,

Jay

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
Hello everyone im wondering has anyone fitted a FUEL CUT DEFENDER to an EP82 91 mark1 and why was your reason for fitting it??????

My car is doing strange stings between just under 2,000rpm and 4,000rpm.. for example if your in 2nd gear in traffic and taking of nice and handy it chuckles and feels like it was going to cut out and keeps doing it up too approx 4,000rpm, BUT IN 1ST its a flyer!! its weird cos after 4,000rpm its ok!!! HELP...

THANKS!!!!

if i was u i woodnt put an FCD in i put one in an the car was runnin lean one mai an rich another it didnt no wot it wanted to do so its coming out just waiting on an emanage

DarrenGT

Member +
Ok i bought the car and it was PERFECT!! Anyway a few months later it start doing wat its doing.. the only mods are a down pipe and thats it.. noting else.. the gauge is readind standard about .65... im going mad

Jay

Admin
If it's doing it at .65 bar of boost it's not fuel cut then.

Run a diagnostic check on it and report back if you get any fault codes.

Other than that I'd guess it's ignition related, inspect plugs, leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap. Replace any components that are worn out or show signs of malfunction.

Jay

DarrenGT

Member +
ok then il do thay and il report back mayb with pictures!

THANKS for your help il buy sum stuff tomoro and hope for the best!!!

thanks again

danb87

South East England Area Rep
you fit them too avoid hittin fuel cut as said above. usualy when you up the boost. i cant see just a downpipe upping it that much. have you check for an uprated actuator?

DarrenGT

Member +
It looks like the standard one.. But ive taken out my iridium spark plugs and the tips of the plugs are NACKRED!! That cud be a possablity????????????

SupaStu

Member +
It looks like the standard one.. But ive taken out my iridium spark plugs and the tips of the plugs are NACKRED!! That cud be a possablity????????????

I would say thats your problem, get them changed, and it should smooth things out.

DarrenGT

Member +
Hopefully.. i bought hks super drager spark plugs today so il fit them later and if they have solved the problem you all be the first to know!

DarrenGT

Member +
Alri folks! Ive good news i sortd the car out with a brand new set of hks spark plugs!!! thanks for all your tips happy days