need help wiz engine light

vick

Member +
Wel lads i was drving to work my engine light came on n i pull over n did a test it giving me those two code 12 and 22 can anyone tel wat those code

vick

Member +
But my water guage is showing me it normal n my emu is flashing the orange light why is tht

Mikey B

Lifer
Water gauge comes of another sensor there is 2 (maybe even more) the one that needs replacing is the one with the green body to it by the thermostat from memory there £8 off the shelf from toyota.

corofin12345

Member +
12 is rpm signal = distributor/amplifier/starter circuit

22 is cts (coolant temp sensor) circuit short/open circuit

check connectors at thermostat housing for code 12

vick

Member +
Wel lads can i drive the car home from work ll tht do any damage to the car bcoz i dnt want anything to happen to the cat now after i just fix few small thing

vick

Member +
wel lads i drove the car back home n i also change one sensor on the themostat n i did a flash test again still giving me the code 22 lads

Mark-ep91

Member +
car should be fine mate the worst that will happen id say is that the car wont start for a while when its cold cause it looses the cold start funtion if one of the connectors is off!

vick

Member +
car should be fine mate the worst that will happen id say is that the car wont start for a while when its cold cause it looses the cold start funtion if one of the connectors is off!

alrite mate i ll try to look for tht in the morning n wat tht orange light flash on mu emu
does anyone know wat tht mean
74178_165085766847798_100000391262376_384867_1946925_n.jpg

vick

Member +
thanks lads i check the connector in the morning one of the wire was broke so i went to me frnd garage he sort tht for me n the engine light went off
so now another problem why the orange light stil flashing on the Emanage Utilmate any info abt tht lads