New engine high idle problems

Rory

Lifer
Have you adjusted the idle? If you have and its doing nothing it sounds like you have an intake leak somewhere

ralphie_EP82

Member +
ye i had leaks when it was idling at 4000 but had them closed and its down to 1500 but the thing is im a total amatuer enthusiast and dont actually know how to adjust the idle?

Rory

Lifer
On the throtle body there should be a black rubber cap covering an adjuster. Its located on the top.
Take the rubber cap off and you should have somewhere to put a screwdriver. Unless the cap is already off, then its just a case of adjusting.

How close are you to Newmacher? If your close you may want to pop into CMB Autos and speak to Mark. Big Starlet enthusiast and works with them daily.

ralphie_EP82

Member +
also newmacher is a shortish drive from my home town so if i have anymore problems i'll definitely look you up mark as no garage around me are too familiar with these wee cars.

Rory

Lifer
Thats cool. Wasnt sure how far you were from there. Mark will keep you right ;)

also newmacher is a shortish drive from my home town so if i have anymore problems i'll definitely look you up mark as no garage around me are too familiar with these wee cars.