Not getting full boost in 5th

Dazzergt

Member +
I'm running td04 @ 1bar, it boosts fine in the lower gears but struggles to get to a bar in 5th unless I drop it down a gear. Any help will be greatly apricated

Phil

Super Moderator
I'm running td04 @ 1bar, it boosts fine in the lower gears but struggles to get to a bar in 5th unless I drop it down a gear. Any help will be greatly apricated

that sort of doesnt make sense.

your car struggles to get a bar in 5th "unless you drop a gear"

which still wouldnt give you a bar in 5th, that would be a bar in 4th.

what revs is this at? is there a chance that your just not high enough up the revs to pull a bar of boost?

Phil

Dazzergt

Member +
Yeh I knock I down a gear floor it then change to 5th then it would boost to a bar ,
Iv been running td04 for a year now it's only just started to this , but was fine before

finx

Member +
as phil said doesnt make a whole load of sense.

exhaust leak from the manifold?

have you noticed the same symptoms in other gears? more turbo lagg?

off topic but if your doing enough rpm in 5th gear to be making boost/full boost your more than likely going to be speeding... not an ideal message to be portraying on a public forum which prohibits such behavior. nor is it going to make people super willing to try and help you.

need a bit more information than it used to be like 'this' and now it isnt... to be of more help also

cheers
Ryan

Dazzergt

Member +
It's hard to explain but if I'm doing 70mph on the motorway in 5th and I put my foot down to overtake a vehicle it will only boost to about 0.7-0.8 bar but if I drop it to 4th and overtake it will boost to a bar ,then put it into 5th it will go to a bar

It's hard to explain but if I'm doing 70mph on the motorway in 5th and I put my foot down to overtake a vehicle it will only boost to about 0.7-0.8 bar but if I drop it to 4th and overtake it will boost to a bar ,then put it into 5th it will go to a bar

at what revs does the car only boost at 0.8 bar in 5th at?

Dazzergt

Member +
I'll look at the revs on my way home , at the moment it's a manual boost controller but thinking maybe electronic is the way to go?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Do you normally get 1 bar by 3400RPM?

If you floor it in 5th gear from 3400-5500RPM does the boost stay at 0.8BAR?

I cant understand why that would be the only gear thats not boosting. The first gear or 2 i would understand more as most turbo cars tend to do this but not in 5th. ANd a boost leak would effect all the gears.

Let us know answer to my questions.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
^^^ was thinking the same thing..

5th gear was the easiest gear to get full boost in my GT... lower gears were more the problem.

stuarty1

Member +
that has confused me not doin it in 5th ?? sure gear box has nout ta do with the boost it should hold in all gears

Dan3SGTE

Member +
that has confused me not doin it in 5th ?? sure gear box has nout ta do with the boost it should hold in all gears

The gearbox wouldnt but the clutch would. And your car is more prone to slipping in higher gears. Doubt this is the problem though.

Phil

Super Moderator
5th gear was the easiest gear to get full boost in my GT... lower gears were more the problem.

not with a td04 though, if your too far down the revs in fifth she wont boost/

a ct9 does nearly explode in fifth gear even at 2krpm she wants to erupt if you plant the throttle.

Phil

stuarty1

Member +
my clutch sliping it fine to drive then i put the boot down and then sounds like i hav the longest gear in the world lol but can plant it in first and it fine it only wen higher boost cums in it slips

Dan3SGTE

Member +
not with a td04 though, if your too far down the revs in fifth she wont boost/

a ct9 does nearly explode in fifth gear even at 2krpm she wants to erupt if you plant the throttle.

Phil

yeah, thats why my questions will probably give a near definite answer or at least illuminate a few things.