not running right

silverGtstu.

Member +
hey i previously had problems with my car idling rough and poping on idle i replaced my lambda sensor cause as far as i could see it was not switching from lean to rich. i have had this problem roughly two months after fitting my new hybrid ct9 and pump , regulator , and fmic,so heres tghe prob the car starts fine but when hot esp it idles below 600 then starts popping through the exhaust and the only way i`ve got it to run smoother is by running 4.5 bar of fuel pressure which sounds a bit high even if i am running 1 bar of boost. oh and i previously had code 12 but it hasnt returned, any ideas guys cause the guy who is away to set it up on the rollers is saying i should try a toyota lambda sensor which are very pricey.

sx_turbo

Lifer
what fcd do you have?

what engine management are you using?

do a compression test.

it wont make a difference whether you have the toyota lambda sensor or an aftermarket one.

silverGtstu.

Member +
hks fcd which i fitted last week so it cant be that, standard ecu, it seems when my car is hot and i let it idle for 5 mins the revs drop down and even when blipin the throttle the voltage from the sensor does not change un less i hold tghe revs at like 3k for frew mins which is odd,th e02 sensor is a single wire bosch 40 quid so should work,

silverGtstu.

Member +
its intermittent also when i pull away its flat then without spooling the turbo the power kicks in like i was getting a poor spark or ont running enough fuel, when i was running 3.0 bar of fuel pressure it was running lean any ideas?

Jay

Admin
If the issue is intermittent and is affected by engine temperature it may be worth donoring a coolant temp sender from a healthy engine. I've seen a few cases where this sensor has affected fuelling.

Jay

Admin
Check timing, clean up the idle stabilisation valve, swap across a working lambda probe, the usual ignition components, earth points on the engine, there's a number of possibilities.

If you have a donor car it makes it much easier to eliminate possible causes.

Which engine management are you using?

Monkfish

Member +
If you think the Lambda is at fault, disconnect it. No signal is better than a fucked signal and the cat will run fine without it. I get random misfires every so often and a mate suggested it could be a borked lambda. I disconnected it and I've not had any problems since with no noticed reduction in economy.

Try it, if it doesn't make a difference, you can plug it back in and strike it off the list.

**NOTE: Do NOT try this if you have an aftermarket ECU and/or wideband lambda.

silverGtstu.

Member +
i am running stardard management, air filter, stainless manifold, hybrid ct9 , de cat, straight through 2.75" system, uprated pump , rrfpr , hks fcd, hks actuator, bov, so if it runs the same when disconnected then its goosed, also when my car idles low and its popin sometimes the idle speed control valve kicks in and brings the revs up to 1000 is this normal or should it be instantly contoling idle,

sounds like you having same problem as me kinda.... when mine first starts up from cold it idles 1400 then as soon as it starts to warm the revs start rising if contant speed kept then dip the clutch mine irractically idles BIG TIME ! its shit to drvie recently and now wont drop below 1600 on idle checked everything would anyone recommend lambda probe/ oxy sens thn?